Thread: BDS reviews?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

BDS reviews?

Anyone have any feedback about BDS Tactical's gear? I'm in the market for a new rig and am looking at several of their pieces, the Simple Stacker Chest Rig in particular (http://www.bdstacticalgear.com/pd_bd...al_simple.cfm).

Feedback Score
    While I won't throw stones at BDS Tactical (you can do a search and see some comments here), I will tell you that SOE Gear (the original company) owned by John Willis is back in business.

I own several SOE items and the quality of materials and worksmanship is first-class. I saw gear from other manufacturers fail left and right in Iraq, but my SOE products were all bulletproof.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah BDS is one of those topics that needs not be brought up here. I have at least $1K worth of SOE nylon and it's first rate gear.
    Be patient with John he is a busy man and his website is still in the works but he is a nylon wizard and can do just about anything.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the link to SOE, gents. His gear appears to be of high quality but, also extremely expensive ($500 for just the harness).

I ran a search of the forums here for threads regarding BDS Tactical but, came up blank. Anyone have a link to specific threads?

Feedback Score
    I just joined the site today but I don't know why people are reticent to speak negatively about BDS. I will say that I really got the run around by them earlier this summer when I tried to order a nalgene pouch and a sling. I was repeatedly told that they would ship it the next day and finally cancelled my order after about 6 weeks. BDS has awful customer relations. I've heard that the quality of their work isn't the greatest. I wont order from them and encourage others to not buy their stuff either. I've heard nothing but good about John Willis and would recommend him. I have one of his riggers belts. Just my .02

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    WRT to SOE/ John Willis. I like his gear - but **** me his time frames and responce to emails is terrible.

I had a project with him for over a year, I bought a NIB Paraclete RAV and had it sent to him to do some work - and got tired of the wait - and fortunately the RAV I had got him was able to a fellow LF'er, as I had transitioned to a CIRAS in the meantime. I just could not be bothered to wait, when I am downrange 2/3 of my time these days - so I get impatient for kit.

I wont get into the BDS/SOE fight -- but I dont think either of them in clean in it.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com