Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 300 AAC vs. 7.62X39

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Its peaking my interest due to its ability to stay subsonic and cycle the weapon. Ill speak for myself, .223 does everything I need it to do (punch holes in paper) its cheap economical and fun to shoot. I am interested in 300 Blk because it uses existing ar mags, and you swap a different upper or barrel and you can have a round thats a little more fun to shoot supressed.

Feedback Score
    My main interest is to shoot it suppressed. Close secondary interest is I may make it my main HD rifle.
    "The world's a dangerous place – we can help." -www.portlandfirearmtraining.com
    NRA LE Handgun-Shotgun Instructor/Life Member

Feedback Score
    Wilson announced a 300Blk upper about 2 weeks ago.
    Mac
    USAF Lifer
    NRA Lifer

Feedback Score
    Hi, I'm somewhat new to the forum and this is my first post.

From what I have seen is the 300 AAC Blackout being loaded with H110 pistol powder gives it the advantage that most of the powder burns before exiting the muzzle on a shorter barrel. This both reduces the muzzle blast and flash. From my limited experiences with this, it also provides reloaders with a great platform. Trimming and forming from 223 brass can yield inexpensive 300AAC brass. Unlike 6.8, this round feeds fine with standard AR mags and requires no special bolt, firing pin, or other non-standard parts aside from a barrel.

Where I really seeing this cartridge shining is the LE world where one can deploy from a vehicle with a 30 cal SBR that can still sling lead at 2300 + fps. On top of that, there is significantly less muzzle blast for indoor use even without a suppressor.

Just from what I've seen, I will probably be getting a barrel assembly in the near future. Has anyone used the CMMG 300AAC barrels?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I like the 300blk cartridge, it has a lot of advantages. But I've decided it just costs too much for me right now. If the ammo price comes down some, and availability goes way up, then I'll reconsider. I'd like to put together a suppressed HD carbine in 300blk, but I know I won't shoot it much (i.e. practice) due to the ammo cost. I'll stick with 5.56 for 'serious' use for now, and I'm slowly gathering parts to build a 9mm AR for a fun suppressed gun.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    anybody roll their own 300 brass out of 223 yet? does it work good?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skyugo View Post
    anybody roll their own 300 brass out of 223 yet? does it work good?
    It works just fine.

Feedback Score
    I'm still seeing availability is a minimum. has any news been published about the 5m rds that Remington said would be out in February?
    Last edited by tommyh; 03-15-11 at 09:58.

Feedback Score
    Yes, I said we lost two months to do testing including arctic and desert temp ranges. It is not that it took two months to do the testing, but it had to be worked back into the loader schedule. More ammo is being made this week and will be out this month.

Feedback Score
    i AM looking forward to building the upper and trying the round out, and realize that initial startup is always a PITA. I just want my cake and eat it too, without making my own brass and ammo .

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast