Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who to buy the 12.5" barrel from?

Feedback Score

Who to buy the 12.5" barrel from?

Ok...what manufacturer should I buy a 12.5" barrel from to complete my project upper? There seems to be a ton of them out there but is there one mfg. that stands out from the pack? I would like mil-spec, 1/7 twist, dunk tested, driven over by an M1 Abrams tank, beaten on with iron sledge hammers by Japanese sword makers, etc...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    BCM, Noveske or Centurion.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I would also suggest you take a look at BCM.
    Their 12.5 is out of stock right now but I'm sure they will be getting more.
    They do have their 11.5 in stock if you not stuck on 12.5
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance.
    George Washington

Feedback Score
    Other than BCM, Noveske is a great option

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'd take a look at centurion arms as well.

Feedback Score
    Yeah...I'm stuck on the 12.5" right now. I already have a 11.5". From what I have researched, the 12.5" seems like a good compromise between CQB and mid-range targets. If I can get my upper receiver build right, this might end up as my " go to" set-up.

Feedback Score
    Another option would be the Daniel Defense 12.5". They're in stock @ PKfirearms.com if you want to finish your build.
    - Eric

Feedback Score
    BCM and Daniel Defense both sound good. I went on BCM website and they are sold out of their 12.5" barrels. I don't want to wait. The faster I can order a quality barrel, the faster I'll have the project completed. Then, I can work out any bugs on the range. After having seen a video with Larry Vickers and DD, one can't go wrong. Anything odd to note when affixing a non-Colt barrel onto a Colt upper receiver? Want to make sure I get this right!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Repr762 View Post
    Anything odd to note when affixing a non-Colt barrel onto a Colt upper receiver?
    Just the eerie sound of ponies weeping....

Sorry...couldn't resist. You should be good to go.

Cheers
    Life is like a shit sandwich...the more bread you have the less shit you have to eat.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would suggest another good option for your consideration.

Centurion Arms Hammer Forged 12.5" CQB-R barrel.

The barrel is a hammer forged blank based on the FN M249. the chrome line is extra thick for long term durability. M4 feed ramp and a 1:7 twist for use with most of the ammo weight.

Centurion Arms CQB-R upper based on this barrel was the base of an evaluation submitted to a very large Southern California Metro PD SWAT. the older M4 had well over 20k rounds out of it. so they were seeking an replacement upper in order to upgrade in the M4 in inventory. The Centurion Arms upper had well over 10k rounds shot out of it, range reliability tests, deployed with individual SWAT officers for training, entries. This upper was in the word of the Armor....Unstoppable!....in the end, they did another final test where the upper did a amazing 1MOA with the MK262 they are deployed with.

Here is a video of this upper in an indoor range doing some full auto testing....

Youtube Video

10.5, 11.5 and 12.5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast