I'm trying to make a final decision between a Gemtech Halo or a Surefire Micro/Mini.

I like how the Halo works with A2 or Vortex FHs, and it's about half the price of the Surefires.

However, I like the smaller size of the Surefires (4" for Micro and 5" for Mini), and I also read the following about how they supposedly improve accuracy:

SureFire’s proprietary suppressor design not only reduces the sound levels and muzzle flash of a fired weapon, helping to protect an operator’s hearing and keep his location concealed, it also typically increases projectile velocity and improves a weapon’s accuracy. This is SureFire’s philosophy of Total Signature Reduction™. Contrary to existing suppressor models, which typically degrade performance of a 1-2 MOA (Minute of Angle) rifle to 3-4 MOA-sometimes as much as 8 MOA, SureFire suppressors typically improve grouping sizes. At 4.0 inches long and 12.0 ounces in weight, the compact and lightweight SureFire MICRO suppressor is designed to attenuate the sound signature of a carbine or rifle to a safe level, as well as reduce the dust and flash signature while minimizing added weight and length to host weapon with a 14.5″ barrel or longer.

I'll be using it on my 16" carbine 50% of the time, so I wanted something that won't add much length and won't affect accuracy (I'm not as concerned about noise reduction, as it's a 5.56 not a 300 Whisper).

It sounds like a Surefire is the best option, but a Halo for half the price + compatibility with a Vortex is keeping me from closing the deal on a Surefire. Has anyone else been in the same position, or purchased a Surefire Micro/Mini (or a Gemtech Halo) and regretted it?