Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pittsburgh Members: relocation question

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Pittsburgh Members: relocation question

For those guys in and around the Pittsburgh area this question is for you.

The Boss and I are talking about moving back home. Well not our original home (Grove City) but closer to Pittsburgh. I need to be relatively close to the airport (within 50 miles) and an ice rink so my son can play hockey. We're thinking about Cranberry or around Zelienople but don't know much about other areas.

Any suggestion on areas to look at (or avoid) would be greatly appreciated.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    how about the youngstown, ohio AREA. not specifically youngstown, but just the area. i like it here alot. to boot, there are quite a few ice hockey rinks around.
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lethal dose View Post
    how about the youngstown, ohio AREA. not specifically youngstown, but just the area. i like it here alot. to boot, there are quite a few ice hockey rinks around.
    I don't know...I'm not that familiar with the area. Over Thanksgiving my Dad, son and I went a Phantoms game and the place seemed pretty cool. When I lived in PA the only thing I know about Ohio (besides that I hated the Browns) was we could legally buy beer there at 18

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    also, i have had the pleasure of working with SEVERAL m4c members right in this area. seems like there is a high concentration around here. plus, you have g&r tactical, low speed high drag, vickers, and hackathorn all right in this vicinity. of course, you'd always be welcome at my range!
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    ...When I lived in PA the only thing I know about Ohio (besides that I hated the Browns) was we could legally buy beer there at 18
    you must be OLD.
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    also, i have had the pleasure of working with SEVERAL m4c members right in this area. seems like there is a high concentration around here. plus, you have g&r tactical, low speed high drag, vickers, and hackathorn all right in this vicinity. of course, you'd always be welcome at my range!
    Va_Dinger and I successfully deported him from Hampton Roads a few years ago and I'm not sure I'm ready to live in the same state with him again

you must be OLD.
    I'm certainly not as young as I once was that's for sure.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    Va_Dinger and I successfully deported him from Hampton Roads a few years ago and I'm not sure I'm ready to live in the same state with him again
    point taken. this place hasn't been the same since he's moved in. if you move up here, i'm sure we can do what you and dinger did a few years back.
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    point taken. this place hasn't been the same since he's moved in. if you move up here, i'm sure we can do what you and dinger did a few years back.
    I'm not sure he has any place to go now. We only snuck him into Ohio because we told you it would be a boost to your state's economy. Now the other 48 states are wise to our tactics and probably wouldn't accept him.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Gun laws in PA are much more permissive than Ohio. Moon/Kennedy are close to airport and I'm pretty sure there are rinks out there. Several nice gun clubs too. Cranberry is nice if you don't have to commute into town.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    How Yuns doin'!

The only thing I know about da'Burgh is that the Strip district is a blast to visit....Penn-Mac, Primanti Bros. Made a few trips there while visiting friends.

Yummy!
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Proud Son of a former Tomb Guard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast