Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pistol buffer tubes and buffers

Feedback Score

Question pistol buffer tubes and buffers

This is certainly an FAQ, but for some reason I am having no success using the search function today.

I'm a long way from building an AR pistol, but I am trying to read up on them. I'd like to find out what the current state of the art is for pistol buffer tubes & buffers, specifically for 5.56 and 6.8. For example, I see pics of everything from rifle length to some pretty abbreviated tubes. The short ones sure are appealing for portability and concealability, but I read somewhere that the shorter tubes aren't all that reliable.

If I were to begin the shopping process for an AR pistol, probably in 6.8, what should I be looking at for buffer tubes and buffers?

thanx

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    H or H2 buffer, standard spring, and carbine length buffer tube.
    30 caliber junkie.

God Bless America.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Shortened systems that don't have much if any buffer and use a smaller spring are indeed good to avoid.

The standard AR operating system can be shortened without those problems as well.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=74911

Feedback Score
    Thanks, gents.

Feedback Score
    I just bought this pistol buffer tube kit from Spikes:
    http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/...mbly-p-69.html
    It's on my new SBR build while I wait for the tax stamp. I was really pleased with the fit/finish of this kit, and the price is definitely right.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by donnyblaze1 View Post
    I just bought this pistol buffer tube kit from Spikes:
    http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/...mbly-p-69.html
    It's on my new SBR build while I wait for the tax stamp. I was really pleased with the fit/finish of this kit, and the price is definitely right.
    +1 on the Spike's Kit. I had one on my pistol before the SBR conversion and its tops.

Feedback Score
    I got my kit from Spike's back in the day. It has a wider base at the rear of the buffer tube. It's great though! Worth every penny.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I also use the Spikes tube. It's a carbine length. Standard carbine spring and H2 is what I use.
    Dave
    Independent Field Testing/R & D

Better to die for something than live for nothing

Feedback Score
    I have been using the Spikes also. My recomendation is to add the foam sleave too your order. The Rock River looks nicer, but if after you add a foam cover it would not be any different than the Spikes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghunterCO View Post
    I have been using the Spikes also. My recomendation is to add the foam sleave too your order. The Rock River looks nicer, but if after you add a foam cover it would not be any different than the Spikes.
    I had a buffer tube cover made for me by Stitcher of Tactical Thread Design. You can see it in the pistol pics thread of this section. The leather, or whatever it is, grips my cheek a lot better during shooting than foam would, I believe. It's comfortable and looks good!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast