Thread: Tennis anyone? Found the perfect case for my SBR Rifles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Tennis anyone? Found the perfect case for my SBR Rifles

I currently own a great discreet case for my SBR PS90.... 5.11's Discreet Sling Bag but wanted something for my compact 5.56 guns.... seen a couple of the AK guys carry underfolders in Tennis Racket bags and it got me thinking.

Was at the local Dick's Sporting Goods for it's opening week today and saw that they had a brand of Tennis Racket bag named Slazenger. They had it priced at $39.99 but I paid $31.99 for it out the door. Anyways....

The bag is 28x5x12.5 inches and it holds my Colt AR-15A3 11.5 Inch and MSAR XM17-E4 16 inch perfectly together. There is even a side compartment that can hold spare mags. It's a overall black bag with a white and blue trim. Doesn't scream "tactical" nor "gun".... simply says Tennis Racket.

The Colt currently is a little on the bulky side, Aim Point on ARMS mount, Redi-Mag, and Grip pod. The AUG has a Millet DMS-1 on a Armalite 30mm one piece scope mount. Both are a little bulky for standard M4 sized cases due to height issues. But this case fits both of them perfectly.

Figured it'll serve as a double rifle case for range use and also a great discreet case for a rifle and some gear. Right now I have it with my SBR AR-15 in one main pouch and the other holds a mini-chest rig that has three spare AR-15 mags, two spare GLOCK 22 mags, and a first aid kit.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Let us know how it works out. Tennis rackets are extremely lightweight. Just the opposite of an AR.

Feedback Score
    can you post some pictures ? thanks.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    In WI it's illegal to transport a firearm in anything but a case specifically designed to transport firearms. Not sure if that's the case anywhere else... Might be something to check on.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    In WI it's illegal to transport a firearm in anything but a case specifically designed to transport firearms. Not sure if that's the case anywhere else... Might be something to check on.
    Jesus.

Feedback Score
    I mentioned this exact bag a while back in another thread on discreet carry cases.

It's very roomy, and has two compartments. My assembled SBRs fit inside easily.

Not a bad bag for transport into an apartment or house. Probably won't meet most states requirements for a lockable case, but it's still a good option to have.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    When last I saw that statute and we kicked it around here, it was open to some interpretation and word-play. Consultation with various WI LE officials since indicated that few are likely to be interested in much scrutiny of it, as long as other pertinent provisions of transport/storage statute were complied with.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by darr3239 View Post
    Let us know how it works out. Tennis rackets are extremely lightweight. Just the opposite of an AR.
    I've been playing for some 20+ years and I've used tennis bags extensively. Durability is not an issue, they are very sturdy. Printing and indication that bag contains something heavy is a giveaway. Another giveaway is carrying a slim racquet case and wearing casual clothing.
    The best way around this is using a multi-racquet bag. They are roomy and hide weight just as well as they hide length. They often have extra-pockets with implication that your tennis shoes, shorts and tee could be inside; hence no "conflict" with one's clothing.
    Tennis racquets cannot be longer than 28 " and you can only carry SBRs and side-folders; full-length ARs need to be broken apart.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    A few years back there was a great thread on the TOS (if you can believe that ) on this very subject. A lot of pics of guy's carrying in tennis racket cases, guitar cases, etc. Very "gray man" indeed.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 03-08-11 at 18:35.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    excellent idea for discreet carrying! thank you! i'm thinking about using a golf bag for my spr.

blessed are the peacemakers...