Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Safariliand ALS holster and retention

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Safariliand ALS holster and retention

Looking into purchasing a Safariland 6360 ALS holster for the Glock 17 with an X300, but curious if this holster will also retain a Glock 19 with an X300.

Also, same question for a 6360 without a light.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    I don't know about this holster, but I've been using the ALS 6320 for my Glock 22/X300 on Duty and for training I use a Glock 19/X300 with and without a threaded barrel with no retention issues.

The ALS only holster is the best retention holster on the market. It securely holds the gun and rapidly allows you to draw and reholster the gun. I've used it for over a year now and have yet to have a problem.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    In my department we have to qualify with our off duty/backup gun and I found my Glock 27 fit and was retained in my ALS holster for Glock 22 with TLR1. It wiggled a bit but wouldn't come out unless you released the system.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    yes and yes. The ALS locks at the ejection port so the length of barrel/slide and light attachment does not matter.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 03-06-11 at 21:43.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Thanks for all the replies, I assumed it wouldn't matter, but it's good to have a firm answer.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    FWIW Safariland no longer markets the ALS only holsters as Level 2 so that could be something to keep in mind regarding department policy.

I tried to fight ours arguing that the issued 6280 was considered approved but it was a no go. I use the 6360 without issue.

The G19 will work as well though I would recommend getting a model specific holster.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SWATcop1911 View Post
    FWIW Safariland no longer markets the ALS only holsters as Level 2 so that could be something to keep in mind regarding department policy.

I tried to fight ours arguing that the issued 6280 was considered approved but it was a no go. I use the 6360 without issue.

The G19 will work as well though I would recommend getting a model specific holster.
    Is there a standard as to what constitutes LVI, II and III?

I've never been able to find it if there is. Seems like it's just up to manufacturer's or depts.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    The level refers to how many "retention" devices are on a holster however what constitutes as a "retention" device is very broad.

My arguement was that if the friction retention offered on the 6280 qualified as retention then the same should apply to the 6320 but since Safariland has discontinued the 6320 and states it is a "level 1" holster it is not allowed. I believe the replacement model will be the 6395 and it is also listed as level 1.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was under the impression that the SLS hood required two separate motions to disengage and hence the Level II designation of the 6280. The model 200 "Top Gun" holster has always been a Level I and its friction "retention" is similar to the 6280.

Oh and the G19 will most likely wiggle alot in a G17 holster because there is a plastic piece that goes into the barrel slightly to add stability.
    Last edited by beavo451; 03-07-11 at 20:24.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Get one for the gun you'll carry on duty. AWESOME holster by the way. The G17T sim guns are a Bitch to holster because the bore is not centered.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast