Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: $300 budget 1-4x or 1.?-6x illuinated Scope?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

$300 budget 1-4x or 1.?-6x illuinated Scope?

I have been looking for some time now for a good/great optic for my new S&W AR15 OR. I have looked at the Leatherwood, GRSC Combat Rifle Scope, TAC 30 and a few others but, I just can not make up my mind and when I have been close to buying (TAC 30) it was out of stock!

Any other options I am missing that I should be looking at or any pros/cons to the ones I have listed? Thanks for any help!

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Save your money and buy something better.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    Save your money and buy something better.
    This is not one of the things I need to hear! It's not helpful in any way at all. Having looked for a while now I know what I can afford and what I can't. Being a disabled Vet I don't have funds like a working person may have. This is why I listed my budget and a few of the items I have already looked into.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Xfire68 View Post
    This is not one of the things I need to hear! It's not helpful in any way at all. Having looked for a while now I know what I can afford and what I can't. Being a disabled Vet I don't have funds like a working person may have. This is why I listed my budget and a few of the items I have already looked into.
    No kidding. That's the kinda BS I've been hearing for the last couple of weeks on this forum?

OK. Here it is....wait for it....GETA NIGHTFORCE.....You know, buy once pay once, right? So go ahead. Who needs to pay that powerbill? Screw it! Cause, if you can't buy the best, then screw the rest!!!! WHOO RAH!!!!

Feedback Score
    The Leatherwoods reticle is way to busy for me. I have a friend who works for Burris and has good reviews for the tac 30. There is also the Leupold Mark AR that you should consider.
    I don't know if my soul is saved.....
    Sometimes I use curse words when I pray.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrefan View Post
    No kidding. That's the kinda BS I've been hearing for the last couple of weeks on this forum?

OK. Here it is....wait for it....GETA NIGHTFORCE.....You know, buy once pay once, right? So go ahead. Who needs to pay that powerbill? Screw it! Cause, if you can't buy the best, then screw the rest!!!! WHOO RAH!!!!
    What? Does money stop accumulating once it reaches a certain point? There's a reason it's called saving your money.
    In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear;
    and safe is such confiding, for nothing changes here:
    the storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid;
    but God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Feedback Score
    Xfire, I understand the pain. We would all like a $750 aimpoint, with an additional 5x scope behind it... along with the $300 price tag. But its not going to happen. Whether its being disabled, or having four kids to feed, most of us just can't spend the extra cash. SOOOOOO.... try these folks: Primary Arms. Here's a link for their clone M4 red dot. They have a package price for red dot and magnifier. If you don't see it... Call them. They're good people. I've got three of these. They stay zeroed, and they're all I need. $89 or $700? I've already decided. Take them into battle? Maybe not. But hunting or the range? Your'e gonna love em.
    http://www.primaryarms.com/product.s...categoryId=419

Feedback Score
    24 (96%)
    I had one of THESE and was unimpressed. It wasn't very fast on the 1x power.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Nikon Monarch African 1-4x, 1'' tube, that's as low as I'd go.
    "Life is short, but the years are long." - Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrefan View Post
    That's the kinda BS I've been hearing for the last couple of weeks on this forum?

In a giddily wonderful coincidence, the same can be said of posts like this, particularly the overdramatization, and more particularly the overdramatization of things that have not been said.

The problem lies not with those that advocate saving up over time to buy decent kit (which is not advocating that one shirk responsibilities in order to fund frivolous expense), but those that object to answers to questions freely submitted for responses for no better reason than the answers received are not the answers they desired in their innermost thoughts. Pay attention, OP, to what those you asked are actually saying, and less to the $$$ amount until after you've digested the info and judged it on its merits.

It also lies with those that can't help but engage is needless hyperbole as a substitute to cogent discussion. That'd be you, Sabre, in this case. Might wanna make the above-cited example the last one you do.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast