Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grendel Build

Feedback Score

Grendel Build

Just got done putting the upper together on my first 6.5mm Grendel build.... Let me know what you think..

I got a POF Gen III lower for my Grendel build, just waiting on a lower parts kit...

Little 5.56 sister with big 6.5mm sister..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I like it. Is that a free float tube? Who makes it? please give details.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pingdork View Post
    I like it. Is that a free float tube? Who makes it? please give details.
    Yeah its a free float forearm from YHM, its a YHM Todd Jarrett competition forearm. Its my favorite forearm by far. Great design and fit and finish, cant beat it. Its very similar to a the way overused Troy TRX battle rail, its provides a nice small area for hand placement.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Good lookin' rigs...

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    That is a great forearm, very rigid. Compared to the Troy Extreme the main downside is weight.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    What mags yo gunna use for the 6.5? I'm building one now and was curious about the mag issue... Looks nice by the way!

Who made the upper? Did you assemble it? Where'd you get the barrel and bolt if you made it yourself?

Feedback Score
    Thanks, I have some C products mags coming from Palmetto State Armory, they were the only ones i could find that had them in stock. I actually used my pmag and it cycled 10 rounds with no problems, i was suprised. The upper is a sabre defence upper, i just changed the forearm and gas block on it and im buliding the lower as we speak. The bolt came with the upper that i got, I got it for a sweet deal. Ill let you know how the mags work when i get them.

All i can say is im anxious to get a scope on it and see what it can do, just with iron sights its a tack driver, im glad i decided to build it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fried Chicken Blowout View Post
    What mags yo gunna use for the 6.5? I'm building one now and was curious about the mag issue... Looks nice by the way!

Who made the upper? Did you assemble it? Where'd you get the barrel and bolt if you made it yourself?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Is the upper receiver itself different or does it use the standard receiver with the M4 cuts? I'm looking at buying a barrel/bolt combo and want to make sure I din't need a specific receiver.

Feedback Score
    Nice build. Can't wait to see the paper punched.

Feedback Score
    very cool rig...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast