Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grendel Build

Feedback Score
    The upper receiver is the same as a ar-15 in 5.56 cal. Only differences are in barrel, bolt and mags. All the other components are the same and are put together the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Fried Chicken Blowout View Post
    Is the upper receiver itself different or does it use the standard receiver with the M4 cuts? I'm looking at buying a barrel/bolt combo and want to make sure I din't need a specific receiver.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just googled sabre. I'm a newbie and hadn't heard of them. Seems they are in some legal trouble in regards to shipping parts overseas. Wonder if that'll slow or halt any order I make.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dflores22 View Post
    The upper receiver is the same as a ar-15 in 5.56 cal. Only differences are in barrel, bolt and mags. All the other components are the same and are put together the same.
    That's what I thought I heard, but I wanted to hear it from someone that had done it. Thanks for the confirmation.

Feedback Score
    Yeah i think they are or were in some legal trouble. But they are a good company when it comes to quality and fit and finish. For the 6.5mm Grendel, from what i have read, they make some of the better barrels for this platform. Another great barrel for grendel are the satern barrels, they sell at midwayusa. They are a bit pricey though.

Quote Originally Posted by pingdork View Post
    I just googled sabre. I'm a newbie and hadn't heard of them. Seems they are in some legal trouble in regards to shipping parts overseas. Wonder if that'll slow or halt any order I make.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Dflores22,

Thanks for your help. I just got done with my 6.5 Grendel build. I did a writeup about it here on m4carbine.net...

It wouldn't have been possible without users like yourself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12