Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PIC's Of Quad Rail On My Mini Draco

Feedback Score

PIC's Of Quad Rail On My Mini Draco

I thought I was finished with my Mini Draco but just couldn't live with the wooden "hot-dog bun" the factory calls a handguard. I picked up a Sightmark quad-rail and modified it (hacksaw, belt sander, drill, tap, screws, & flat black high heat engine paint for touchup) to fit. It is rock solid and with the rail covers and hand stop it now feels perfect.

MadDog

Last edited by MadDog; 07-14-11 at 21:34.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    That is what every Mini-Draco needs. If only someone would make the rail a drop-in instead of having to hack it to fit. I would definitely destroy at least 3 before I got 1 to fit. Looks awesome.

O

Feedback Score
    The project came out pretty good, nice job! Reminds me of the custom cut rails a shop made long ago for the Colt 9mm "DOE" R0633 subguns.

Feedback Score
    oef24:

I know exactly what you mean. It was like..........measure 37 times, and cut once. It took a lot longer then it should because I cut it larger and used a sander to slowly get it to the proper length.

MadDog

Feedback Score
    That set up looks pretty good. What is the mount your using in place of the rear sight? Looks like a good option for mounting your red dot. How does that attach?

Feedback Score
    Torsion:

The pic rail that the T1 is mounted on is made by Samson. You completely remove the rear sight blade and leaf spring. The rear sight wings or side walls are welded to the receover so they are not moving. The picatinny rail is milled from a block of steel, has a threaded hole in the front where you bolt it to the side walls. The bottom of the mount has a channel that a wedge and bolt are mounted. Once you bolt the mount in place with the front screw, you tighten the wedge bolt with an alan wrench until the wedge is securely locked into the receiver. This thing is never moving unless you un-bolt it. The T1 definitely holds zero no matter how many rounds you fire or how rough you are with it.

MadDog
    Last edited by MadDog; 07-15-11 at 18:08.

Feedback Score
    Samson's site mentions that rail has an integral rear sight. Is the sight at all usable?

Feedback Score
    It would be usable if it were on a rifle with a longer sight radius. The rear notch is very small and since the front sight post is so close you have zero daylight. Another words, the sight post completely fills the rear notch.

MadDog

Feedback Score
    Maybe it could be milled out to a wider notch? Is there any adjustment to it, or do you have to adjust the front sight for any windage/elevation issues?

Feedback Score
    Out of curiosity, will any of the various Krink forends work with the mini Dracos?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast