Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SIG 552 and 553 operating systems - a photo detail

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Josh - Thanks for the pics. I tried to explain it with words, but pictures really are worth a 1000 of them!
    " In War, Strife, and Acts of Bravery, it's always the strong one's that get taken from the GENE POOL......and we wonder why society is getting weaker!!!" - by me

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hey thanks for the kind words guys. Glad it has been educational.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Nice writeup, looks like Kisara is back too.
    "Life is short, but the years are long." - Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Excellent post!!!
    Last edited by Dirtyboy333; 05-04-11 at 01:57.

Feedback Score
    Holy extensive detail, Batman!

Fantastically informative.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for your time and effort in compiling a very detailed explanation for all of us JoshNC. With the release of the 60 SIG 552's from Midwest Distributors, this thread is going to be used by alot of us.

Feedback Score
    Rico Ghinolfi, Swiss Arms gunsmith, explains the design features of the 55X :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy05V...layer_embedded

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyPup View Post
    Rico Ghinolfi, Swiss Arms gunsmith, explains the design features of the 55X :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy05V...layer_embedded
    very nice......I asked this in the comments section on YT but i'll ask here also: On that new 553 CH at the end of the vid, is it using the same stock as a 556 or is it a much higher quality that looks similar? If its different, are they available (or going to be) in the US?

Interesting that the Swiss/Germans are using the aluminum lower instead of the steel.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyboy333 View Post
    very nice......I asked this in the comments section on YT but i'll ask here also: On that new 553 CH at the end of the vid, is it using the same stock as a 556 or is it a much higher quality that looks similar? If its different, are they available (or going to be) in the US?

Interesting that the Swiss/Germans are using the aluminum lower instead of the steel.
    That stock is made in Switzerland and is folding/collapsing. It was debuted around 2007/2008, I believe at the European IWA convention. The stock that comes on the 556 is a knock-off of the Swiss stock and made in who-knows-where....definitely not Switzerland.

The first 556 classics came with Swiss made folding/collapsing stock. I snagged two of these back when the Classic was first released. I have not seen a Swiss model in some time. Like all things SwissArms, mike at CO Gun Sales should be able to get it for you. But it will cost you; I believe Swiss cost is close to 400 Swiss Franc. Do a Google search for Colorado Gun Sales and call to inquire.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 06-06-11 at 07:39.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks Josh. I think I remember seeing stocks like that on COGS website but I just wanted to make sure their different then what I already have.

I like the looks of the non collapsing Swiss a lil more but I'm not sure what the pull is like. What setting would the pull resemble on a 556 stock? I like the middle the best but the lOngest isn't bad either.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast