Thread: A comparative look at BCG's....Colt/LMT/BCM

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

A comparative look at BCG's....Colt/LMT/BCM

Hi gents, for some time now I've considered these three complete BCG's the benchmark for how it's done in regards to building the best BCG's. I also believe these are a big part of what makes up Colt, LMT, and BCM's industry leading reputation for reliability, quality, and adherence to doing all the big AND small things correctly.

Some might already suspect or know that you cannot go wrong with any of these three BCG's, however some might be unclear to just how close these three mfg'rs BCG's really are. Before undertaking this evaluation and documentation of the findings I would have assumed that the Colt full circle F/A BCG would be just a bit better in all the aspects over the other two minus LMT's bolt. I would have assumed wrong and I would be either mistaken or a fanboy if I was able to report one being even negligible better than the other.

The LMT BCG is the newest however it's been primarily the one being used as of recently and it's roughly caught up minus 250-500rds give or take with the BCM and Colt. I don't keep an actual log book for my AR's but rather just the AR barrels, however I do chart a rough count and keep up with it at the end of each trip out with a particular build. Anyway I can positively put the accurate round count between the margin of 4500rds - 6000rds( I am being very liberal in the amt. of potential differences in rd. counts since I can for sure say that every one of the BCG's has had a minimum of 4500rds fired on it). Not a real shocker, but none of them have had a single hiccup and have been 100% flawless in operation thus far.

Rundown:

BCG's compared:
    Colt's full circle F/A complete BCG
    LMT's F/A complete BCG
    BCM's F/A complete BCG

Round count fired on the unit's:
    4,500rds - 6000rds per unit

Malfunctions/Hiccups(total for all 3 bcg's):

Now let's let the proverbial beautiful bean footage roll...

(L to R.. Colt, LMT, BCM)

(Top to Bottom..Colt, LMT, BCM)

(L to R.. Colt, BCM, LMT)

Also included below is a pic of the standard CH offered by each respective company...and they were purchased at the same time as their matching BCG was.

(Top to Bottom..LMT, BCM, Colt)
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 03-14-11 at 10:28.