Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A comparative look at BCG's....Colt/LMT/BCM

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What is MIM? I have a LMT F/A BCG with 2k rounds through it I can also take pictures of to compare...

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    jason... last year i ran an lmt mim key and had zero issues. not sure about round count, but it was WELL into the k's. i've heard no negative reports... not to mention, lmt is a name that is synonymous with quality (as i'm sure you know)... i doubt they'd put their name on it if they didn't think it'd stand up to abuse.
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Trident, what is your procedure for cleaning your bolts?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I've got a LMT BCG with the MIM gas key and it has given me no problems. Of course I haven't got the round count on it like some on here either. See no problems with it either.

Trident, nice writeup! To my untrained eyes the BCM looks like it has more wear than the other two. Also the LMT gas key looks like it is slicker. Is that a benefit of the MIM key?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonAAC View Post
    Didn't LMT switch to MIM gas keys a couple years ago? looks like a mold mark on the top of yours. Anyone ever have any issues with that?
    They did but I have yet to see an issue reported because of it. I haven't had any issues with mine.

Nice write up Trident! Its also nice to see what a clean BCG looks like Looks like I need to do some cleaning...

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Great post/photos & info. I've had the same experience with the finish on the BCG's. Both the LMT bolts I've owned have a rougher finish. The Colt BCG has a very deep and uniform color and smooth finish.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 03-14-11 at 15:57.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lethal dose View Post
    jason... last year i ran an lmt mim key and had zero issues. not sure about round count, but it was WELL into the k's. i've heard no negative reports... not to mention, lmt is a name that is synonymous with quality (as i'm sure you know)... i doubt they'd put their name on it if they didn't think it'd stand up to abuse.
    Good deal, I haven't heard any bad reports either, that's why I asked.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    BCM uses an AR15 style firing pin instead of the M16 firing pin. The AR firing pin works fin in a 16 carrier.
    Whats the differance?

Feedback Score
    they look pretty similar to me
    i see sharper machine cuts on a few place on the lmt and bcm

Feedback Score
    Add Spike's & DD to the list of outstanding bcgs.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." --George Orwell--

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast