Thread: Gloves- A Unique Issue

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Gloves- A Unique Issue

So I've been looking around for a pair of gloves to use for shooting, as well as general purpose.
    I have tried dozens of different brands, and for the life of me I can't find any that completely fit my hands.
    But this isn't just a simple "I can't find a pair that fits".

For example- I really wanted a pair of Mechanix gloves. And I had a pretty decent selection available a the various Lowes/HD stores. After trying on the largest sizes available (L or XL) I could not find a pair that fit my thumb correctly- yes, that's right- my thumb. All the other fingers fit fine with the larger sizes, but the thumb is always to short!!

I don't really know how else to explain it- it's kind of like the rest of the fingers are the right length, but the thumb is short usually to the point where I can't really fully flex my hand, and if I my palm is open (like I'm going to shake somebody's hand) it pulls the material away from my hand causing a lot of strain on it. Maybe I'll see if I can find a picture of a previous pair of gloves this happened to....

Now, I have kind of big/long hands anyway, so I'm used to hunting for a good pair, but this is getting ridiculous- EVERY pair of gloves I have tried in the last YEAR has had the same issue, and it's really starting to piss me off!

Ideas?
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Try XXL mechanics gloves I got big hands only the XXL work for me
    or the cabelas kanga skin shooting gloves NON GORETEX is much better all around than the GT version

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Ideas?
    What about half-finger gloves?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Are you good with a sewing machine? Custom fit gloves would fix your problem if you can sew

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Stan187 View Post
    Or just cut the thumbs off at the knuckle on regular gloves.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    This would seem to be the most expedient and a perfectly acceptable fix to me.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Try XXL mechanics gloves I got big hands only the XXL work for me...
    Yes, I am working on getting a pair to try-pretty sure all they had in stock were XL.
    My overall point of annoyance was more that this is an ongoing issue with everything I've tried in the better part of last year. The Mechanix were just the most fresh in my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan187 View Post
    I have a pair that I tried. I do like them for somethings, but I'm not real sold on half-finger gloves for shooting, especially handgun. But the pair I have are the el cheapo kind, so maybe others have a more precise fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    That was my thought too- just get a pair I like and chop off the tip of the thumb...
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Ever thought about plastic surgery...or an angle grinder?

Seriously though, maybe try Marmot. They put a room gusset in the thumb area. Don't know if that'll help, but it's worth is try.

March to the sound of guns and kill everyone not dressed like you
    Feedback Score
    You and Megan Fox should get married so your kids have perfect length thumbs.