Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paragon 6 Consulting VSM 1-Day Basic Pistol Course-12 June 2011-Pittsburgh, PA

Feedback Score

Paragon 6 Consulting VSM 1-Day Basic Pistol Course-12 June 2011-Pittsburgh, PA

Paragon 6 Consulting VSM 1-Day Basic Pistol Course - 12 June 2011 - Pittsburgh, PA

Anthony “Stony” Smith is a graduate of the United States Military Academy at West Point. During his military career, he was an Airborne Ranger in the U.S. Army and served in 2nd Ranger Battalion.

He worked for nearly seven years on personal security details (PSD) in Iraq, to include being on the detail assigned to protect the United States ambassador to Iraq. In addition to those duties, he provided training to his PSD teammates in weapon skills and PSD tactics, techniques, and procedures.

Through his efforts to continuously maintain and improve his skills, he has received well over one thousand hours of formal firearms and tactics instruction. He has trained under some of the world’s best combat firearms instructors, and was selected to be one of the Regional Endorsed Instructors (REI) in the Vickers Shooting Method (VSM) as taught by Larry Vickers.

Stony’s real-world experience in a high-threat environment, coupled with his military background and extensive training, gives him a unique blend of skill sets. He founded Paragon 6 Consulting to be a leader and role-model in security consulting and tactical firearms instruction.

Paragon 6 Consulting VSM 1-Day Basic Pistol Course - 12 June 2011 - Pittsburgh, PA

This class is an entry level course for handgun shooters and is designed specifically for those who have not had any formal instruction or who desire a refresher class. Topics covered include the following: real world safety, load and unload magazines – the gun itself – disassemble and assemble – lube and clean – sight alignment and trigger control – presentations from the ready and the draw – and reloads. Also an introduction to different skill drills including dry fire and bulls eye shooting.

***There are no pre-requisites for this course***

Instructor: Anthony “Stony” Smith, VSM Instructor

Class dates: June 12 2011

Cost: $175

Location: Pitcairn Monroeville Sportsmen’s Club, North Versailles, PA (vic Pittsburgh) www.pmsconline.com

Class size: Limited

Weapon & Gear Class Requirements:

- Eye and Ear Protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)
    - Serviceable handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber (no revolvers)
    - Serviceable holster
    - Minimum one double magazine pouch / Ability to carry minimum of two magazines
    - Minimum of three serviceable magazines (5 is better)
    - 400 rounds of ammunition
    - Suitable range wear depending on the season
    - Good attitude

Optional, but suggested

-Notebook and pen or pencil

If you are interested in attending this class please contact via e-mail at stony@paragon6.net
    Anthony "Stony" Smith
    Owner

www.paragon6.net
    stony@paragon6.net
    Former Regional Endorsed Instructor
    Vickers Shooting Method

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    For anyone in the Pa/Ohio area who is trying to build a strong foundation with a sidearm, I would highly recommend training with Stony. He is a very dialed in guy with a great attitude who knows his shit.

This is not just another guy who wants to be a firearms instructor, this is a squared away guy that has been there and done it. He comes with the highest recommendation from some of the leaders in todays firearms training industry. I cannot say that about any of the other newcomers on the scene. I can about Stony.

I highly recommend training with Stony and I have no doubt that he will become a household name within the firearms industry in a short period of time.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Stony is definitely the real deal guys.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    I have known Stony for six years and consider him a personal friend. We've shot together numerous times and trained under Hackathorn and LAV together. Stony is the consummate professional in all things. I cannot state more emphatically how highly I recommend his instruction. He's a born and well-trained leader, and a genuinely nice guy. Paragon 6 will provide students with life-saving training. Don't miss out on this opportunity.
    Eric Rice
    VP R&D
    Daniel Defense, Inc.
    www.danieldefense.com

Feedback Score
    I have trained under Stony many times in the past, and he's among the best kept secrets in the training world. I'm excited to see him officially hanging out his shingle. Frankly, I'm stunned that more guys from the NE Ohio/Western PA region haven't chimed in to fill out this class.

His website is fairly basic, but it looks like the VSM curriculum is just the tip of the iceberg.

www.paragon6.net
    Last edited by RCSMichael; 03-23-11 at 23:01. Reason: correcting typo
    Michael Goerlich
    Owner
    Raven Concealment Systems, LLC
    www.ravenconcealment.com
    (440) 465-7111

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I cant add anymore to what was said already, but I know we are AMPED at PMSC to have Stony coming to Pittsburgh for this course.

I'm in.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    I cant add anymore to what was said already, but I know we are AMPED at PMSC to have Stony coming to Pittsburgh for this course.
    I will be there!

Hope to add a lot of "lead hazmat" into the environment.

Feedback Score
    Stony is one of my good friends. I've shot with him many times and agree with all the above posts and then some! Don't miss a chance to train with him.

Rob

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I met Stony and shot with him at a Hackathorn/Vickers Low Light 2 class a few years back. Stony impressed me with his experience, professionalism, and shooting ability. I have no doubt this will be a great training experience. As a VSM instructor myself, I'd like to sit in on this just to watch Stony present the material so I could take notes!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast