Thread: Old School Rounds .40G&A, .41 A&E, etc.

Feedback Score

Old School Rounds .40G&A, .41 A&E, etc.

Wow guys here we are in 2011 with the .40 S&W,.45 GAP, and .357 Sig. I got to reading about some of the early rounds pioneered that led to the ultimate development of those in current service.

I think the S&W .356 TSW was particularly well suited for the role as you gain capacity over the .357 Sig with similar if not a tad better ballistics.

I would love to shoot some of the old school rounds. It's interesting, that some of the rounds really shoot different than they sound on paper- I know that sounds crazy, but just with the GAP for example. When I shot the GAP side by side the .40 in the similar sized gun, the round was better than I at first would have envisioned.

The same went for the 9x23mm. I thought that thing would be a pounder, but it was really mild and pleasant to shoot, but with really decent ballistics.

Just food for thought guys.

Dave

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sox View Post

Just food for thought guys.

What is?
    NOT in training for combat deployment.

Feedback Score
    I have a .41 AE in a CZ75 clone. It shoots like a dream. Im a huge fan of the round but the cheapest Ive found ammo is $76 a box. So, the chance to put rounds downrange is limited.

Feedback Score
    I think to truely messure the success of a particular round is if you can goto wal-mart or other big box store and buy target ammo in that caliber.

Feedback Score
    At a reasonable price that is. I can goto wally world and get .40 for $17 after tax or goto my closest gunshop and get it for like $23