Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Review: Sig 556R - Not what I expected

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyohte View Post
    Back on topic...

I bought a Sig 556 way back when some of the parts were still Swiss. Even then, there were obvious deficiencies introduced by Sig USA. It isn't an awful rifle (I'd certainly take it over a DPMS However), but it isn't really a serious rifle either. I've done a good deal of part swapping with as many Swiss parts as I can afford and keep it within 922r compliance. Even so, the rifle has been 100% for a few thousand rounds (maybe 3k).

In 2008, I bought a second one (I have no clue why). The second rifle was an abomination. There were literally welds missing. Had I not owned one of the earlier ones, I'd have never known this. Sig USA's response? "That's the way we do it now". It also had all of the known bolt carrier and trunion issues. Since Sig wouldn't fix it, I sold it at a small loss. I was actually mocked on other gun forums for getting rid of an obviously defective gun. It was actually pretty pathetic.

If Sig could get their shit together, the 556 has the potential to be a decent platform. However, I'd still take a quality AR-15 over a Sig 551.

In short, for I would probably trust my Sig 556 in a competition. I wouldn't take it beyond that. I wouldn't trust anyone else's Sig 556 to shoot a dirt clod.
    Thanks for your first hand information and trying to steer this back to the 556/556R.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    There were literally welds missing.
    I would love to see a comparison between the welds of real sig55x and sig556 rifles, just to be mesmerized by the idiocy.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Alright, I think this has been played out enough.

OP, if you'd like this reopened, shoot me a private message and we'll see what we can do.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345