Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: just started 7.5 build

Feedback Score
    I thought this was going to be a 7.5x55mm build. Very disappointed. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Sumsky View Post
    Sometimes I think we get too carried away with tests and charts, ballistics. I bet if I pump a few rounds into someone at 50 yards he is going to be in a world of hurt. I remebmer a while back when everyone turned to the 9mm, then all of a sudden they all turned back to the 45 ACP. Now every where you go there are signs popping up 9mm wont save your life. I carry a SIG P220, my back up is a SIG230. My house Gun is a S12 SBS to 12 inches, and my SIG 45 ACP as back up in the House. All my other Guns are fun stuff.
    What "everyone" does means absolutely dick and is rarely based on true utility. You said it's for fun, fair enough. The path of making offhand comments on being "too carried away" with terminal ballistics is going to be a painful one. Handgun ballistics if you're interested: http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=19887

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I have a 7.5" noveske barrel on a DD upper and lower and DD BCG...it's still in pistol configuration, waiting on tax stamp. It cycles the Lake City bulk stuff from ammoman pretty well. Only about a thousand rounds through it though, and I keep it clean, vigorously.

It is just what you have said, a very fun, novelty gun. I would not consider it a go to weapon when my life counts. Just fun to have at the deer lease, shooting cans or spent shotgun shells at 25 yards. And these quick texas bunnie rabbits are a blast to shoot at between deer seasons.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by matemike View Post
    I have a 7.5" noveske barrel on a DD upper and lower and DD BCG...it's still in pistol configuration, waiting on tax stamp. It cycles the Lake City bulk stuff from ammoman pretty well. Only about a thousand rounds through it though, and I keep it clean, vigorously.

It is just what you have said, a very fun, novelty gun. I would not consider it a go to weapon when my life counts. Just fun to have at the deer lease, shooting cans or spent shotgun shells at 25 yards. And these quick texas bunnie rabbits are a blast to shoot at between deer seasons.
    matemike,
    What Bolt and Carrier are you using, also any Buffer change, what I should say is are you using a shorter Carrier? I like the looks of the 7.5, I just had to build one just for fun.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Sumsky; 03-21-11 at 20:07.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    matemike,
    What Bolt and Carrier are you using, also any Buffer change, what I should say is are you using a shorter Carrier? I like the looks of the 7.5, I just had to build one just for fun.
    Thanks.
    this one
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...tnumber=690248

I took the regular buffer from my S&W MP 15 and put it in the DD pistol. For the pistol, I bought a Spikes Tactical tube with an H-buffer, but put the H-buffer into my S&W. that's all.

like I said...all runs fine for I do with it

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by matemike View Post
    this one
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...tnumber=690248

I took the regular buffer from my S&W MP 15 and put it in the DD pistol. For the pistol, I bought a Spikes Tactical tube with an H-buffer, but put the H-buffer into my S&W. that's all.

like I said...all runs fine for I do with it
    So your DD 7.5 Pistol is running normal with a regular size carbine Buffer from your S&W MP 15? I plan on using all parts used on a regular AR, only difference will be the 7.5 Noveske Barrel.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I'll bet if I shot you 10 times with a Ruger 10/22 in the chest you would be in a world of hurt as well.

Alot those chart tests and ballistics that you speak of are based on the compilations of real world shootings.
    Those charts are also generally based of FMJ. Why would anyone use FMJ for a defense carbine in the real world?
    I use HP and soft points.
    The
    concussion is the biggest issue to me. But then I run mine suppressed.

You might also look at Rainier. I built a 7.5" using a Rainier 1/8 SST Ultra Match barrel and BCM upper receiver/bolt.
    It has run great.
    Dave
    Dave
    Last edited by shadow65; 03-21-11 at 22:19.
    Independent Field Testing/R & D

Better to die for something than live for nothing

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow65 View Post
    Those charts are also based of FMJ. Why would anyone use FMJ for a defense carbine in the real world?
    I use HP and soft points.
    The
    concussion is the biggest issue to me. But then I run mine suppressed.

You might also look at Rainier. I built a 7.5" using a Rainier 1/8 SST Ultra Match barrel and BCM upper receiver/bolt.
    It has run great.
    Dave
    Dave
    Thanks for the input. Talk about the concussion, I plan on using a Primary Weapon System CQB. I heard that the CQB throws all the sound forward. My cousin runs one on his 10.5, says it works great.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I'll bet if I shot you 10 times with a Ruger 10/22 in the chest you would be in a world of hurt as well.

Alot those chart tests and ballistics that you speak of are based on the compilations of real world shootings.
    Hey I am all for real world shootings. Just like you said shoot me 10 times in my Chest with a 10/22 and I am dead meat. As long as the son of a bitch dont have on Armor, and is not Coked up, ballistics dont mean didly to me. Even a 10/22 will put him down.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A foward directing comp is a must. I have used a KX3 and am using a Levang now. Both help but the truth is using it inside, the concussion will bounce off the walls and still be deafning. I carried a 10.5" on the PD and it's still not something you want to shoot inside without ear protection.
    I was shooting at the range with my son. I got all caught up with taking care of his stuff and forgot to put my ears on. I pulled a round off with the 7.5" under a canopy and it hurt me.
    My ears rang for several minutes.

The Barnes Triple shock is probably the best round at this point for defense.
    Here is my build:

Dave

Thanks for the input. Talk about the concussion, I plan on using a Primary Weapon System CQB. I heard that the CQB throws all the sound forward. My cousin runs one on his 10.5, says it works great.
    Independent Field Testing/R & D

Better to die for something than live for nothing

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow65 View Post
    A foward directing comp is a must. I have used a KX3 and am using a Levang now. Both help but the truth is using it inside, the concussion will bounce off the walls and still be deafning. I carried a 10.5" on the PD and it's still not something you want to shoot inside without ear protection.
    I was shooting at the range with my son. I got all caught up with taking care of his stuff and forgot to put my ears on. I pulled a round off with the 7.5" under a canopy and it hurt me.
    My ears rang for several minutes.

The Barnes Triple shock is probably the best round at this point for defense.
    Here is my build:

Dave
    Thats a nice looking Gun! I know what you mean about the ringing in your ear. I was standing on the left side of my friend while he was getting ready to shoot his 7.5 Pistol, I was talking and did not realize the range officer called a hot range, he let on off and my right Ear was ringing, thought I was deaf. I was not even that close to him and I was behind the Red line. Those shorties are sure loud.
    What about the 64gr Federal Powershock?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast