Thread: 308 rail question

Feedback Score

308 rail question

Are the rails the for the 5.56 ARs and the 308? If not are all the 308 rails the same size for free float rails and non free float?

Feedback Score
    No. The barrel nut is a different size due to the increase bore/chamber size and therefore how the rails attach to the larger nut is also bigger

SWS, DD, Troy, Rainier and a few others make them. They're not a whole lot more expensive than 556 ones but as with everything AR308 related they are more expensive.

Whenever I get the funds I'm getting the troy. They're on the cheaper side, compared to sws and dd and I'm fairly certain they're lighter than the rest. And I have come to the conclusion, that for me personally I don't need all the rail supplied on a total rail handguard. I currently have. SWS on my bcm 556 upper and they are top notch, but were far more expensive than I had need of. I was simply too impatient at the time to wait on the MOE midlengths to come out.

Feedback Score
    Since the forum isnt showing that I responded from my phone, I'll just post this to notify the OP that someone responded to his question.

Ha now it says there are 2 responses. Well, thats good
    Last edited by caelumatra; 03-23-11 at 16:49.