Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AK optics mounting - modifying the BP-02

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the compliments you guys.

The sling setup is very important to a rifle and the addition of the ability to properly position a Vickers sling on this rifle means it's one rifle that I would pick up for use.
    And you're right, somebody should make a stock set with QD fittings, but the factory setup is actually great for right handed shooters, and us leftys are pretty small in number. This QD setup wasn't difficult to install, is very solid, and makes it a pleasure to use the rifle as a left handed shooter.
    The furniture can easily be modified by anyone willing to take some time with a power drill.

Canonshooter's BP02 modification is what really makes this rifle however, it is a dream to shoot with the Aimpoint mounted over the bore. The cheekweld is excellent, slightly "heads up" which seems to aid in your two eyes open vision. It is very fast to acquire targets and even though some complain about the additional weight of the milled receiver, all the weight including that of the mount and Aimpoint is centrally located making it easy to swing but very controllable on recoil.

The Znich tactical light works well, but certainly isn't QD and is about as bright as you'd expect. A Malkoff P60 equipped Surefire Scout light like I have on my MRP SBR 10.5" would be a much better solution, except my second one is already on my M92 Krink!
    Mounted to the PRI 3" rail at the bottom of the hand guard either inline or with an offset mount it would be ideal unless your light needs are for something with greater range.

Feedback Score
    I had to replace one of the bolts holding the rail to the mount because it cracked, so I re-zeroed it at the range today.

Not the best effort at 100 yards, but a pretty effective rapid fire drill with the A1R and a waffle mag of Golden Tiger ammo, prone, resting the hand guard on the range bag, 50 yard zero on the Aimpoint.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by edwin907 View Post
    Here's the final setup.

Whow Edwin, I really love what you did to that AK, it's like I dreamed of making my Airsoft version of the 74 like, without the Bipods though

Anyways, what I was wondering was which Flash Hider it is you've put on their? I instantly fell in love with it. I tried searching google and all I could find was this 1 page selling it: http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/inde...roducts_id=475

and I doubt that "Com-block AK Flash Hider" is its real name, so any help would be much apreciated^^

Feedback Score
    I'm not edwin but I got mine when I bought my SLR 107 FR from arsenal when they first came out. You can buy them here.

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.ph...3&cat=0&page=1

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by edwin907 View Post
    Thanks for the compliments you guys.

The sling setup is very important to a rifle and the addition of the ability to properly position a Vickers sling on this rifle means it's one rifle that I would pick up for use.
    And you're right, somebody should make a stock set with QD fittings, but the factory setup is actually great for right handed shooters, and us leftys are pretty small in number. This QD setup wasn't difficult to install, is very solid, and makes it a pleasure to use the rifle as a left handed shooter.
    The furniture can easily be modified by anyone willing to take some time with a power drill.
    What parts would I need to perform a similar mod to my AK stocks?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123