Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Review: IWC QD MICRO MOUNT-N-SLOT as installed into a MOE

Feedback Score
    Recently got one installed on my Alpha rail. It was a bear to get installed but was certainly worth the effort. The holes on the rail didn't line up real well on where I mounted it making get a wrench in straight to tighten it down a choir. But you only do it once so not it big deal in the grand scheme of things. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Any reason moving it up a bit and forward to clear the hump wouldn't work? (excuse my pitiful photoshop skills)

Last edited by smac61; 04-11-13 at 22:50.

Feedback Score
    I installed one in my carbine length MOE handguard a few weeks ago. I put mine a little more towards the top then most of you have yours. I'm going to install another one a few inches forward of this one. Easy as pie to do.

I also bought their Surefire light and mount combo too. Everything works great.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    Ok guys, I am putting one of these in a Cav Arms C-1 Buttstock. Any advice before I start?
    I'm doing the same, and would like to know how to do it.

This pic is from the Impact Weapons site:

Okay I'm confused. How do you tighten the set screws, if you can't get at them from the side?
    "The secret to happiness is freedom, and the secret to freedom is courage." - Thucydides, c. 410 BC

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wild_wild_wes View Post
    I'm doing the same, and would like to know how to do it.

This pic is from the Impact Weapons site:

Okay I'm confused. How do you tighten the set screws, if you can't get at them from the side?
    Put is closer to the buttplate and you can get them with the allen wrench. You can also wedge one end into the space where the buffer tube rides.

I have done several now and rough the inside with sandpaper and use Epoxy made for plastics to make its installation permanent.
    Last edited by Heavy Metal; 05-09-13 at 21:20.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thanks for the info!

Could you give me the approximate distance from the end of the C1 to the center of the socket, and the top of the stock to the center of the socket?
    Last edited by wild_wild_wes; 05-09-13 at 22:45.
    "The secret to happiness is freedom, and the secret to freedom is courage." - Thucydides, c. 410 BC

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Installed mine yesterday:

These were designed to work on standard handguards, and the C1 buttstock is much thinner. There was maybe a 1mm gap between the stock surface and the QD insert, so I epoxied under and around to help stabilize it, since slings can add a lot of force through the mount:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boomhower View Post
    Recently got one installed on my Alpha rail. It was a bear to get installed but was certainly worth the effort. The holes on the rail didn't line up real well on where I mounted it making get a wrench in straight to tighten it down a choir. But you only do it once so not it big deal in the grand scheme of things. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
    Did you use a standard Allen or a ball driver?

Feedback Score
    i put the Spirolock on but it's on the first groove and can't seem to get it to the second one....any tips?

EDIT: i think i got it, not perfect but it'll work.
    Last edited by 4x4Jeep; 11-19-13 at 19:33.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617