Thread: Trijicon HD Night Sights vs Hackathorn

Feedback Score
    1 (75%)

Trijicon HD Night Sights vs Hackathorn

I have been looking at different sight sets and came across the Hackathorn and Trijicon HD Night Sights and they seem to use different routes to achieve the same results. I was wondering if any of the more experienced personnel in this forum can give me their input into these sights.
    I am planning on putting the sights on a XD .45 Service. Use the pistol for CCW, Home Defense and IDPA. I only have one pistol at this time so this is my do everything handgun.
    Thanks for any input into this situation.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't know if either sights are available for the XD.

The trijicon HD nightsights notable difference is that they have two rear tritium dots and employ a U-shaped rear sight. I don't know the respective widths of the rear sights off the top of my head.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I am going with the Hacks for my glock 17when they get in (friday) They dont make a set of hack for the xd i dont believe, but you can buy a plian rear and seperatly buy a front with tritium with an orange ring. This is virtualy the same thing the rear is about 25$ and the front is about 45$. The trijicons are also a good sights but they are about 150$. Good luck in your search
    "Courage is being scared to death ,but saddling up anyways" John wayne

NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Check out the Heinie Slant Pro Straight Eight night sights.

http://www.heinie.com/index.php?cPath=9_14

Feedback Score
    1 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L. View Post
    I don't know if either sights are available for the XD.

The trijicon HD nightsights notable difference is that they have two rear tritium dots and employ a U-shaped rear sight. I don't know the respective widths of the rear sights off the top of my head.
    The Trijicon HD are made for the XD. The Hackathorns are not made for the XD. However, I can make a home made set of Hackathorns using the Trijicons.

Feedback Score
    1 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns-up.50 View Post
    I am going with the Hacks for my glock 17when they get in (friday) They dont make a set of hack for the xd i dont believe, but you can buy a plian rear and seperatly buy a front with tritium with an orange ring. This is virtualy the same thing the rear is about 25$ and the front is about 45$. The trijicons are also a good sights but they are about 150$. Good luck in your search
    Where can I buy a front with tritium and an orange ring seperately and what rear are yo9u talking about that is $45?

Feedback Score
    1 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Check out the Heinie Slant Pro Straight Eight night sights.

http://www.heinie.com/index.php?cPath=9_14
    Do you have any real world experience with the Heinie sights? If so how do you like them and is there an area around the front sight that I could paint orange to make a fake pair of Hackathorns?

I do like the serrated rear sight. I could use that and then find a front sight with tritium that I could paint orange.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFighter View Post

Where can I buy a front with tritium and an orange ring seperately and what rear are yo9u talking about that is $45?
    Ameriglo the blank rear for xd is 25$ and the front tritium w/ an orange ring is 45$
    "Courage is being scared to death ,but saddling up anyways" John wayne

NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY

Feedback Score
    1 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns-up.50 View Post
    Ameriglo the blank rear for xd is 25$ and the front tritium w/ an orange ring is 45$
    Thanks for the info and will check out the sights.