Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Hickock45 review -Walther PPS

Feedback Score

New Hickock45 review -Walther PPS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unOXa...layer_embedded
    I suppose most folks here are familiar with Hickock's back yard gun reviews. This is pretty typical of them, of a firearm I've been considering. Of course, I want everything he reviews after seeing him shoot!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ridge View Post
    Of course, I want everything he reviews after seeing him shoot!
    I'm the opposite. I can't stand to watch his reviews due to his arrogance and odd sense of humor.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Never heard of him.

Don't have much use for arrogance unless it's from someone who earned it like LAV or something.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Never heard of him.

Don't have much use for arrogance unless it's from someone who earned it like LAV or something.
    I've only heard of him because I have a couple of shooting buddies that subscribe to his YouTube channel.

Arrogance might be too harsh of a word, maybe it's smugness or condescension. Who knows? I just don't care for him. If I watch one of his reviews I generally turn the sound down and just watch him show the weapon, field strip it, etc. then FF through his show-off/shooting portions. If I see anything that peaks my interest I turn the sound back up. I generally watch about 2 mins of a 20 min vid.

Sorry to poo-poo in your thread OP. I prob should have kept my mouth shut. I just find this guys appeal to the masses odd. I guess it's just because he seems to have access to a lot of stuff people want to hear about.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ridge View Post
    Of course, I want everything he reviews after seeing him shoot!
    I watched him shoot the gun. Did his shooting ability impress you???

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 03-24-11 at 13:54.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not to start an argument here, but:

Arrogance and Condescension? What?

Now, I haven't watched all of his videos, but I haven't noticed any of this. He isn't trying to masquerade as some war veteran or High Speed Low Drag operator like some people on YouTube. He usually gives his personal impressions on the gun in question and does some shooting on the targets he has set up.
    "I have your number. Consider yourself warned."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by opmike View Post
    Not to start an argument here, but:

Arrogance and Condescension? What?
    I can't pinpoint it really. It's about his overall attitude and delivery that to me says, "I know a lot of shit and everyone wants to listen to what I have to say.". I'm not the only one picking up this vibe. I've chatted with a couple of folks before after someone brought his name up and most have felt the same way as I do.

Again, he has a large following so who am I to say? If folks enjoy him then more power to them/him. If I had a ton of subscribers on YouTube and people sent me free stuff to try out all the time I'd probably have the same attitude.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    He's no Nutnfancy. That means he actually shoots what he reviews and shoots it quite well. Ive never seen him express any arrogance or claims that he is more than what he is. He reviews his knowledge base and nothing more, while having fun doing it.

If you dont like him, watch Nutnfancy lol.

Feedback Score
    I've seen a lot of his videos and I'm not sure what to think of him. He seems rather calm for most of his videos, but he does have another side to him shown in his outtakes (prone to angry outbursts and such). To me, he just seems to be a guy that has a pretty good size gun collection and likes to screw around some. Is he LAV? Hell no, but he doesn't pretend to be either. Personally, I think he's a hundred times better than Nutnfancy, but he is by no means a source for firearms instruction. fwiw

VolGrad, are you thinking that maybe he's a bit fake? 'Cause I can kind of see that. He seems to have a bit of showman in him.
    "The most successful people are those who are good at plan B."
    -James Yorke

"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."
    - Robert E. Lee

"Death is nature's way of telling you that you failed."
    -SAS Commando

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I NEVER STATED HE PRETENDS TO BE SOMETHING HE'S NOT. No one said I did. I just want to re-state that. My opinion is formed solely on his general attitude and delivery.

I recall one video I did in fact watch/listen to most of. It was a review of the HK P30 which I was particularly interested in. I wanted to see how it field stripped as I had no experience with this process on a HK. His vid was one of the first that popped up. He gave this long intro about "not shooting his P30 for a while blah blah blah" then after a few minutes of rambling made a comment to the effect of "if you believed that intro ....". It seems the gun was borrowed from a local subscriber and he was playing a trick on the viewers. Really? Who cares? I felt that I wanted that 2-3 minutes of my life back.

I know I know. If I don't like him I don't have to watch. I generally don't. Sometimes I can't find anything else to read/look at whilst the wife is watching GLEE and one can only clean/lube guns and dry fire so much.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenRanger24 View Post
    VolGrad, are you thinking that maybe he's a bit fake? 'Cause I can kind of see that. He seems to have a bit of showman in him.
    Not sure fake is the right word either. I just think his feeling the viewers want to hear him ramble for the sake of rambling or want to watch him shoot steel animals or gongs for 15 minutes is a bit arrogant I guess. Say what you want to say. Shoot a couple of mags then end it.
    Last edited by VolGrad; 03-24-11 at 14:23.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast