Thread: 308 Pmags and Strippers Clips?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

308 Pmags and Strippers Clips?

I've never used any sort of 308 stripper clip before, but pulled out a 308 Pmag to check for the mounting slots that are cut into the back of the 5.56 mags for mounting the "spoon" only to find that there aren't any molded into the body of the 308 Pmag.

Are there any stripper-clip/spoons made that will work for loading a 308 Pmag?

Feedback Score
    If memory serves me right, isn't the Pmag 20LR just a polymer version of the M110 magazine?

If so, find some M110 stripper clips and you're set.
    The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates.
    - Tacitus

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Hmm, thanks for the feedback. Did a search, and the closest thing I've found is an NCstar loader on cheaperthandirt.com and the old 10-round USGI strippers. The loader, however, is huge! It would be nice if they made the 308 PMags work with the small spoons that were originally designed to work with M14 mags.

Feedback Score
    I know this is a bit of a necro-post, but how did this work for you?

Coincidentally, I'm now trying to find a resource for stripper clips/ speed loaders that work with the .308 Pmag =/
    - Tacitus

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I never could find any information on M110 stripper clips or anything of the sort, so I just stuck to loading them by hand.

At the time of the original post, I was also doing more carbine-style drills (<25yds, rapid-fire strings) with the rifle, so loading magazines quickly was more critical. I'm hunting with it now though, so quick-reloading hasn't really been a priority since the start of the hunting season.

If you do find some sort of solution, PM me or post some info in here. After deer season is over, this will again become a priority, probably.

Feedback Score
    No problem.
    I emailed knight's armament to see if they know anything, haven't heard back yet though.
    - Tacitus