Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Introducing the 7.62X40-the new .30 caliber AR solution

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by constructor View Post
    Thanks for working with Barnes to bring the new 30cal and 6.8mm bullets to market Bill. IMO proper expansion can make a huge difference in terminal performance and using 308 win projectiles at slower speeds does not always work so well.
    New bullet is working AWESOME on hogs and deer, terminal performance is fantastic out of my 11.3" SBRs, can only get better out of a 16" tube !!!!!

Feedback Score
    Am I correct in understanding that this is Kurt's cartridge made mainstream? I haven't read that topic since it was less than half its current size; if so, I'm surprised that he's not mentioned at all on Wilson's site.

-B
    Last edited by BAC; 11-18-11 at 01:35.
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." - Phil Messina

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    Am I correct in understanding that this is Kurt's cartridge made mainstream? I haven't read that topic since it was less than half its current size; if so, I'm surprised that he's not mentioned at all on Wilson's site.

-B
    Copied from our 7.62x40WT mainpage: "Wilson Combat would like to express our gratitude to Kurt Buchert for all his early development work on this cartridge."

Feedback Score
    Reading comprehension fail on my part. Thanks for pointing that out.

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." - Phil Messina

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BWilson View Post
    Biggest news is the new bullet Barnes designed specifically for the 7.62x40WT, it's designed to reliably expand down to 1300fps impact velocity with optimal expansion in the 2100-2400fps (impact) range. Accuracy is very good and so far the 9 hogs we have shot with the bullet were VERY impressed............... This bullet definately increases the effectivness of the round on bigger/tougher game.

Barnes #30801
    110gr TTSX LV (low velocity)

Available exclusively from Wilson Combat until after the SHOT show 2012
    this bullet makes me happy. gives me a reason to want a .30 AR now

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456