Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deciding on the right 1911 IWB Holster

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)

Deciding on the right 1911 IWB Holster

I am the new proud owner of a Sig 1911 C3. I saw this pistol for $750 at a local gun store with 2 mags, brand new. Couldnt resist, pics coming this weekend.

I currently EDC a Glock 26 in an IWB NTAC holster with 25* cant and a Glock 19 in an RCS with 0* cant.

This will be my first .45 caliber. I looking for a good IWB holster I have done some research and have narrowed down to 3 I like.

Crossbreed, Super Tuck Deluxe
    Tucker Gun Leather, The Answer
    Tauris, The Low Profile Holster

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jason

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A Milt Sparks Summer Special is an excellent choice; Brownells has them in stock usually so no waiting. I use a Horseshoe Leather IWB holster but there is a 2-3 month wait time. I do feel the wait is worth it.
    http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=9...MMER_SPECIAL_2

http://www.holsters.org/iwb-holsters.htm
    techoca

Feedback Score

Wink

You might give Blade-Tech's "Nano" IWB holster a shot. I've used one for the last 3 years or so and it is my everyday holster. I've also got a Horseshoe Leather IWB for my Browning. Another one worth a shot is Leather Arsenal. But, to be honest, once I got my "Nano", I haven't used anything else....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    RCS makes 1911 holsters as well, if you like those. I just ordered 1 fullsize and 1 commander size holster during their 3 or 4 hour sale on the 1911's birthday.

I like my Pure Kustom holster quite a lot. They come rather tight, but work in after just a bit of time. The finish he does on the leather makes it very stiff and you don't need to worry about oiling it ever. He also does beautiful tooling if you want a fancy holster you can use OWB.

Upstate NY Otsego Lake area, Fl, Carib. & Panama, depending on the sailing season and my mood.
    Feedback Score
    This by Kramer Gun Leather:

http://tinyurl.com/3ta3zp4

It is hands down the best leather IWB I have ever used. I've had a few in my day and this one is giddy up. I carry a full frame, Kimber TLE RL II in it, full time.
    Ed Fernley
    Pathfinder Operations
    Semper Primus!

"I'M THE ONE WHO BARKED AT THUNDER, ROARED AT LIGHTENING, MADE DEATH WONDER."

AND

“Wherever I go, everyone is a little bit safer because I am there.
    Wherever I am, anyone in need has a friend.
    Whenever I return home, everyone is happy I am there.
    It's a better life!”- Robert L. Humphrey “Warriors Creed"

"John has a long mustache."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by techoca View Post
    A Milt Sparks Summer Special is an excellent choice; Brownells has them in stock usually so no waiting.
    Totally agree - I'm wearing mine now with my Baer TRS. I also use a couple of Sparks VMIIs (one is for a SIG Blackwater), but for me the Summer Special is more comfortable.
    I also suggest Kirkpatrick Gunleather - I have their IWB for a commander size 1911 that works real well.
    FWIW......................
    Regards,
    Ranger325

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell

Feedback Score
    For 1911's, the Milt Sparks Heritage #1 is my favorite, followed by the Kramer IWB #2, and Alessi PCH.

FWIW, I'd stick with your G19 for CCW; it is easier to carry, has a larger round count, shoots better one handed, and is more reliable than a Sig 1911...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    This might help, I compared Brommeland, Sparks and Del Fatti here: https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.p...6&postcount=36

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Thank you all for the responses.

DocGKR:Why will the Sig not be as reliable, I have read many great reviews? I really wanted to get a 1911 and found this deal. I am not giving up my Glocks, just trying something new.

I am wanting a holster for the .45 when I do plan on carrying it. The Glock 19 and 26 are my main carry guns and will probably always be. Again, just getting into the 1911 crowd and trying something new.

Thanks again,
    Jason

Feedback Score
    My #1 choice for an IWB rig for all pistols is Mark Garrity's "Incognito Deluxe". Well built, slim and the suede backing sure makes all day carry comfortable even in 100+ temps.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast