Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Deciding on the right 1911 IWB Holster

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnr4817 View Post
    Again thanks for everyones opinions.

DocGKR: Thank you for the education lesson. This was the exact info I was looking for. I will keep the Sig in the safe and use it for range sessions. Again my Glock 19,26 are my EDC and will probably always be. Any other good duty/carry starter 1911's besides the SA Pro Model. I prefer with no rail.

Jason
    There are countless manufacturers of 1911's. As mentioned, to obtain a highly reliable, well made, tight fitting 1911, you will want to spend a little extra. There are always people willing to sell theirs for another "project". In my limited experience and hours upon hours of reading about 1911's, I've learned they can be finicky - especially lower end models. You may want to visit 1911forum.com and read up on some of the manufacturers. You will learn a lot.

Personally, I own a Dan Wesson Valor and since the break in, it's been flawless. I've run it hard in classes, 3gun, pistol comps and just hard range time. I'd put my life on it's reliability!
    Last edited by amac; 08-10-11 at 21:49.
    Here in America we are descended in spirit from revolutionists and rebels - men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower, address, Columbia University, 31 May 1954

Feedback Score
    I resisted the Crossbreed for a long time, being more a leather kind of guy, but I broke down and tried one. I absolutely love it, kicking myself for holding out so long. The are ugly and wierd looking, but it really is the most comfortable IWB I've tried (and I have a few!!)
    Last edited by ambluemax; 08-13-11 at 22:37.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234