Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ? about the M&P .40 Pro Series

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    For quite some time the Pro guns have been coming with the Massachusetts sear spring and sear block to provide a huge increase in force to reset the sear. The dead trigger problem should be a thing of the past.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't believe the Performance Sear would be a problem as long as SW installed it before it left the factory. Most departments allow this.

I'm wondering if having the parts polished would be against regulations? Otherwise - the performance center is your only choice. Or run it stock. You can smooth the trigger out by just pulling the trigger - no need to cock the striker.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The factory Pro and aftermarket Apex sears work best with either the Apex sear springs or the newest S&W sear blocks with the larger diameter sear spring and sear spring plunger/detents. My new S&W M&P Pro 40 has this type sear housing block.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Robb Jensen View Post
    The factory Pro and aftermarket Apex sears work best with either the Apex sear springs or the newest S&W sear blocks with the larger diameter sear spring and sear spring plunger/detents. My new S&W M&P Pro 40 has this type sear housing block.
    That is excellent news. Spr1 made the point too (tip o' that hat). I see quite a few new guns on the shelves with the Novak knock off slope rear sights. Liike other brands, it takes time to get guns through the supply chain to any specific retail outlet. One would want to be sure they had those latest internals, esp the newest sear blocks etc.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    That is excellent news. Spr1 made the point too (tip o' that hat). I see quite a few new guns on the shelves with the Novak knock off slope rear sights. Liike other brands, it takes time to get guns through the supply chain to any specific retail outlet. One would want to be sure they had those latest internals, esp the newest sear blocks etc.
    Thanks. That slow inventory turn is the main reason I recently bought a Pro instead of a 9L. I planned to do an APEX upgrade right away, but that was one detail I did not want to deal with.
    My understanding is that they are changing to the larger spring sear housing across the line, but the Pro's got them first while they used up the old stock on the standard models.
    There have been a number of other changes as well, but I don't have the details.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I had been warned to stay away from the Pro because of sear issues. Is that no longer the case with recent production versions?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dc202 View Post
    I had been warned to stay away from the Pro because of sear issues. Is that no longer the case with recent production versions?
    Yes current Pros have the larger Mass. compliant sized sear spring and plunger which fixes the sear float issue.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dc202 View Post
    Forget perceived issues with sears, sear housing blocks etc.

The real question should be, do you want to spend the extra money on the performance center sear and sights?

If the answer is no then buy a regular .40 and call it a day.

My personal opinion is that no "pro" gun is currently worth it unless you find a screaming deal. The Performance center sear is better than stock but has less desirable break characteristics than an apex equipped gun.

Besides picking one up because of a potential screaming deal, the Pro guns really only exist for LE guys that need to purchase a gun that is compliant with their departments policies in regard to modification.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12