Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about getting my first can...

Feedback Score

Thinking about getting my first can...

Hello!!!

I have been thinking about getting a suppressor for my AR's.
    I have been looking into several, but the YHM Phantom has a very attractive price point.
    I have very little experience with sound suppressors; I have shot a friend's AR with a Gemtech G5 on it which was OUTSTANDING to shoot, I also especially liked the ease with which it went on and off the rifle. It is an expensive suppressor though.
    My main question is should I wait and save up for one of the more expensive cans such as the Gemtech or is the YHM just as good?

Thanks!!!

Abdon

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'd take the YHM over the G5 any day. Make sure you get the Newer Stainless model though.

Another option is to find a dealer in your area with an M4-1000. They are 550 dollars and are functionally similar to the YHM in fast attach, but probably more durable.

DON'T, however order any can. Especially from AAC. I'm on my third month of waiting for my m4-1000. My paperwork is already approved and everything. Not to slam AAC by any means, but the only way I'd buy one of their cans again is if a dealer had it in stock. It takes too long if you have your dealer order it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Midland, Ga (25 Miles North East of Fort Benning)
    Feedback Score
    I would wait and save and buy AAC M4-1000 or M4-2000. Yes I would agree find a STOCKING dealer in the state. Right now the BATF wait is 5 - 7 weeks and as the end of the year roles around it will become longer. Remember buying two cans of the same caliber because the first one just doesn't make the grade is really exspensive, so buy the best one you can

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    FWIW, after doing some research and thinking about it for while; I finally decided to go ahead and have my dealer order the YHM Stainless Phantom. I should have it in my grubby little hands by the end of October or sometime in November.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    M4-1000 or YHM Phantom Q/D.

No question they are the two best values in 5.56 suppressors.

Midland, Ga (25 Miles North East of Fort Benning)
    Feedback Score
    I also looked at the YHM 5.56 but I thought that it was a little heavy and the sound level was not what I wanted. Yes, I was able to hear both. My dealer could order the YHM but had a AAC M4-1000 on hand and waiting for me like a bride on her wedding night

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by keatsabn View Post
    My dealer could order the YHM but had a AAC M4-1000 on hand and waiting for me like a bride on her wedding night
    Nice!

I ordered mine 3 month ago. I'll be thrilled if I have it in my hands within another month.

Here's the thing. If you ever find a dealer with an AAC in stock, BUY IT! It won't be there a day or two later.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Well, theres a dealer locally who has several cans in the store, they have a Gemtech G5 and an AAC m4-2000.
    Both cans are in the $800 + range. They do not carry YHM cans.
    Not sure if, after what I am hearing, I should just "take the plunge" and get one of the more expensive cans....

Abdon

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Wow! The dealer I used only had a Tac-16 in stock at the time.

I passed on an AAC ranger, then went back 2 days later and it wasn't available. Since I had to order one, I went with a fast attach.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    M4-1000 or YHM Phantom Q/D.

No question they are the two best values in 5.56 suppressors.
    ^ Ditto.

The M4-1000 has a slight advantage if you are sensitive to weight. Both offer about the same suppression for the $ spent, either one would be a good choice. I like the mounting system on the YHM, simple and effective. A bit bulky looking on the rifle if your into tacticool, but once the suppressor is mounted it's all business.

Feel free to email me if you have any questions.
    Steve
    Hallmark Small Arms
    FFL/SOT
    Richmond, VA.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast