Thread: Sorry if not the right section, where do you shoot in socal?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Sorry if not the right section, where do you shoot in socal?

I live in newport beach, the only place i can find thats in a good driving range are On Target, Iron Sight, Evans Shooter's World (once a month rifle night), Mike Raahauge Shooting Enterprises (their 100 yard rifle range kinda poorly setup), Angels Range, Burro Canyon (best place range wise but 1.5 hours away).

Where do you guys shoot?
    Any place that offer more than 25 yard indoor more than 50 outdoor (besides the ones i have mentioned) thats perhaps closer than Burro Canyon?

Are there any private clubs that have their own range thats in a good location? I don't mind paying membership fee as long as it saves me time driving and have good outdoor rifle range.

Thanks
    -Dennis

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You may want to look at Prado Olympic Shooting Range in Chino. It's about 45 minutes from Newport Beach and that is the range that most of the trainers have their classes when they are in the LA area.
    I like franks & beans

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayoneone View Post
    You may want to look at Prado Olympic Shooting Range in Chino. It's about 45 minutes from Newport Beach and that is the range that most of the trainers have their classes when they are in the LA area.
    That place is awesome, but they dont allow .223 in their range except during their carbine classes. Their pistol range is the best of all the ones i been to. Thanks man!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Desert Marksmen but it will be farther from you, it’s in Palmdale. Whenever I shoot (mostly on weekdays and late afternoons), not a whole lot of people. We also have a 1000 yarder. Only thing is you have to make sure no one else is shooting down range or whoever else is shooting agrees to shoot with you at 1000 yards. Also on weekends they are closed during regular hours for competitions. They have a tactical bay, handgun bay, and shotgun/skeet bay as well. There’s the general bay which goes out to 600 yards. Oh yeah and you can’t beat the membership price either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Very late reply. I live in San Diego (PB) and drive east into the Imperial County desert BLM areas to shoot. I much prefer it to conventional ranges. Plenty of terrain with usable backstops. I can run/gun or shoot for distance. Transitions are not only allowed but strongly encouraged. The area is basically mine for however long I feel like staying. I can hang my steel in any arrangement I please. I don't have to worry about any kooks doing dumbshit kook-things on neighboring lanes. I'm my own RSO.
    BLM land isn't without it's problems and to clarify, I mean driving farther out and off-road to set up. Any area that requires a trucks clearance to get out to is a plus. Shitheads in cars (with or w/out spoiler) can't get out as far to shoot up whatever trash they bring out (that'll be left behind) with Walmart Tula (which they won't pick up) from their out-of-spec, gun-show-table, bargain ARs. Or #7 birdshot shells (also never picked up) from their equally budget tactically-tacky collapsible stock/pistol grip shotguns.
    I'd rather spend range-fees on gas and make a day out of it. That's how range days should be. Just behave safely, use common sense, pick up your brass and don't leave trash.

footnote: Aluminum pistol casings will also be left behind from "burning clips" through an equally shitty plastic-framed Taurus or Walther type 9mm pistol.
    Last edited by 77nodnarb; 11-20-19 at 15:52.

Feedback Score
    https://r66ssp.com/
    Route 66 shooting sports

Had a lot of fun the couple of times I’ve been there.

Like Raahauges in their set up private bays, steel targets for pistol caliber, competitive pricing for ammo. I don’t have a 4x4 at the moment so I can’t make it to BLM areas. No magnetic �� ammo allowed.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Tagged as I'm having the same issue lately...

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk