Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KAC EMC/EMR

Feedback Score

KAC EMC/EMR

Maybe my search fu is weak but I cant find any details on the difference between the two. Obviously the stock is different and the barrel length. Other than that? Is the R a chrome lined barrel like the C? What else?

Regards,
    Shane

Feedback Score
    EMRs barrel is not dimpled and has no flash hider.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    That and keep in mind you can't put a M110 flash hider on the EMR just in case you get any intentions of making a M110 clone.

Not sure on the CL part.

I don't think the EMR has the enlarged ejection port the EMC has but KAC likes to change things around within model numbers.

Feedback Score
    The real motivation is that here in Jersey, it seems like it would be easier to make an EMR into a jersy legal emc than an EMC into a Jersyized EMC. With the EMR I could cut the barrel down and thread it to fit a Surefire, pin it and be done. But if the barrel is chrome lined, that would be a plan killer. But if there is other Mojo in the EMC I'm not aware of, then a better plan may need to be devised

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane45 View Post
    The real motivation is that here in Jersey, it seems like it would be easier to make an EMR into a jersy legal emc than an EMC into a Jersyized EMC. With the EMR I could cut the barrel down and thread it to fit a Surefire, pin it and be done. But if the barrel is chrome lined, that would be a plan killer. But if there is other Mojo in the EMC I'm not aware of, then a better plan may need to be devised

I would never hack up an EMR to shorten it to EMC length.

Feedback Score
    Well.... Im not a fan of 20" barrels. So it would be getting lopped off either way. I have an MWS 16" and a SCAR17 16". I just dont see the need to carry the extra weight for no real advantage. But thats an entirely different thread topic I was actually thinking 18 + brake.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    I think it would be easy to screw up. You can't just take 4" off a barrel, and expect it to run right. You'd be lucky to get the gun running reliably in my opinion...especially since its running a rifle gas system. You'd want to try to find out the EMC gas port size at very least.

Feedback Score
    I better put my hacksaw away then I understand the gas system issue although I think from 20 to 18 wouldnt even need any port adjustment.

Feedback Score
    You might call/e-mail KevinB and see if they'll make you an EMC with a fixed stock.

Feedback Score
    The more I look into this the more options that seem to turn up. It probably would be just as easy to rethread the EMC barrel to standard threads and just pop a battlecomp on there. The stock is easy to pin, not worried there. Its getting the barrel compliant thats a bit tricky here. Still would like to hear about any big differences between the two

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast