Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Identify This BCG

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have seen those TC marked Bolt Carriers in the past and both came out of Bushmasters. I was told from a very knowledgeable friend who has been a collector and gun dealer (two Stores on the east coast) that the TC was from "Thompson Center". http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...ries-to-close/

"According to Thompson/Center's Web site, the company started in 1965 when K.W. Thompson Tool was looking for a product to build and gun designer Warren Center wanted a company to make his Contender pistol. Thompson/Center Arms was born, and the company became part of Smith & Wesson in 2007".
    http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll...ochesterRegion
    Last edited by lt211; 04-08-11 at 19:56. Reason: additional info

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dump1567 View Post
    Glad I found this thread.

Just got a complete DD upper from PK Firearms. The carrier has a similar grind mark and it was poorly staked. Bolt was marked CM, but no MP markings (as it was originally advertised to be).

Needless to say, I wasn't impressed. Swapped if out for a DD's and am trying to send it back to PK.

I'll look a little closer to see if it has any marks. I didn't relies it was grinded on purpose, just thought it was shotty workmanship.
    Quick update for future searches:

Spoke to John at PK. Stated the Bolt Carrier were scrubbed Colts and originally had a C (couldn't find any signs of a C). He could not account for the poor staking (I took care of this on my own).

He swapped me a new MP marked bolt in a prompt manner (along with a few goodies for my trouble). He actually wanted the whole upper to make sure the new bolt was properly headspaced. I told him I could take care of that. The new bolt actually matches the carrier in color perfectly. And the MP marking looks identical to the one on my BCM bolt.

I know sometimes mistakes are made, and I was very impressed with PK and how they handled this. They'll remain on my list of GTG for future orders.
    Last edited by Dump1567; 04-15-11 at 15:41.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234