Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spike's Tactical .22LR upper and BDM full size mag report

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Spike's Tactical .22LR upper and BDM full size mag report

Just got this Spike's .22LR upper and 6 BDM full size Ciener mags. I set the upper up to closely match my 12.5" 6.8SPC setup. Spike set up the barrel a bit too long, but it's close enough for government work (as the saying goes).

I put a little Slip2000 EWL on the Ciener rails and hand cycled the bolt about 50 times. Then I ran 180 rounds through the upper across all 6 mags. No mag or upper related failures at all - just one round that failed to ignite (probably the ammo). Shot Aguila 38gr copper washed. Single ragged hole at 20 yards (indoor pistol range) shooting off a bipod.

I'll be cutting the mag springs by 1" as suggested by BDM. Right now, it's very hard to load more than 22-23 rounds into the mags.

What a great combination - I'll be shooting this thing like crazy over the winter.

Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I very much need to get one of these. Threads like this are great because they keep reminding me!

Anyone wanna buy a DPMS .22 upper?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    That's a mighty fancy .22LR. What kind of guts does that Spike's upper use? Ciener?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    That's a mighty fancy .22LR. What kind of guts does that Spike's upper use? Ciener?
    It's set up so I can practice some basic drills while shooting ammo that costs a fraction of what 6.8SPC costs. Instead of owning six different AR-pattern configurations, I've decided to focus on a main gun and a practice gun, both set up very similarly.

Spike uses a modifier Ciener bolt - it mates to a dedicated 1:16 twist .22LR barrel with a proprietary extension.

Feedback Score
    How much did the upper cost you with no BUIS, Flashlight, VFG, or optic/mount?
    I keep hearing about my gun rights, but I just can't seem to find them.

Feedback Score
    Man, what a terrific piece you've got there.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shark31 View Post
    How much did the upper cost you with no BUIS, Flashlight, VFG, or optic/mount?
    $550 for the upper with Ciener kit installed (direct from Spike's Tactical), $284 for the LT 10.0 handguard. Spike also installed the LT handguard at no extra charge.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up Gotta have one

Now I know what I want for Christmas!

-
    Jesus said, "I have come to cast fire upon the earth; and how I wish it were already kindled!" - Luke 12:49

Feedback Score
    Did Spike cut down the barrel for you too? I only saw the 5.5" or 16" barrel option on their website.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Archangel View Post
    Did Spike cut down the barrel for you too? I only saw the 5.5" or 16" barrel option on their website.
    I spoke to Spike about this at the last Miami gun show and they will do all sorts of custom lengths and profiles (although I believe the profiles cost more).

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast