Thread: MOE handguards under extreme use?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

MOE handguards under extreme use?

How well do they hold up compared to the basic Colt M4 handguards? I'm talking the most extreme use possible (i.e. war), where the rifle may get dropped, banged, smashed, etc. Will the MOE handguards stay on securely? Have any of you guys had any problems with the MOE handguards accidentally coming off during extreme use?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I WAS using the search button. But thanks for the link.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Newaza View Post
    How well do they hold up compared to the basic Colt M4 handguards? I'm talking the most extreme use possible (i.e. war), where the rifle may get dropped, banged, smashed, etc. Will the MOE handguards stay on securely? Have any of you guys had any problems with the MOE handguards accidentally coming off during extreme use?
    The standard Colt handguards broke from time to time while I was in the service, but typically they held up to abuse very well. The of the polymers used in the MOE don't give me any reason to think they would hold up any different.

I use them without concern, and I know a few guys using them on their LEO duty weapons without any trouble.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thank you. I appreciate the reply.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    magpul polymer is superior to the standard ones. Since the standards hold up fine theres no reason why the magpul ones shouldnt

Feedback Score
    I believe that Colt handguards are ABS while Magpul ones are nylon-based. They are two very different polymer systems. I prefer nylon for its better toughness and chemical resistance.