Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FDE AR Build. My first.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OMD View Post
    Great first build! Being a target shooter myself I think you did a perfect job of upper component selection. I am guessing those are factory or handloads not yet tailored to your barrel? Can't wait to see some fine adjustments and your addition of some serious magnification. Looks like you have one hell of a varmint killer : )
    Thanks.

Correct, everything so far has been with factory loads; the groups from above were acheived using Black Hills 77gr SMK red box.

Here is a recent group from a light range visit earlier this week using Hornadt 53gr Superformance, i still have to go through a few more boxes to confirm a few things.

Although i fear i currently lack the skill to constantly tighten these groups anymore. Atleast its something i can work on.

Thanks for the kind words btw.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Nice build man! Just finished my first one as well...such a great feeling. How do you like that rail? I'm thinking about it for my girl's gun when we build hers.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by silviacrazed View Post
    Nice build man! Just finished my first one as well...such a great feeling. How do you like that rail? I'm thinking about it for my girl's gun when we build hers.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Thanks.

I like the rail a lot, light and strong.

It also feel great when handling it as it does not have rails all around with the option to add the rails where you want.

Given that I only intended to add the bipod it was perfect for me.

Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Don't sell your shooting ability short until you hit 24X magnification on target. It will reveal your errors and give you a chance to correct them. I always tailor my loads at high magnification so I know if it is me or the ammo. Then I throw on whatever optic is appropriate for use. Good Luck!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Great looking build and that barrel looks awesome.

Feedback Score
    Some random iPhone pics

Feedback Score
    nasty! thanks for sharing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123