Thread: Ambush Firearms vs DD

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Ambush Firearms vs DD

I know Ambush is owned by DD, but is there a significant difference in the DD M4V7 in 6.8 SPC and the Ambush Firearms flattop receiver in the same caliber?

Daniel Defense

Ambush Firearms

Other than the lack of forward assist/muzzle device and adding that shotgun fore end thing, I'm not seeing a great deal of difference in the description or on the websites. Over half a pound lighter on the Ambush, but I'm figuring that's the lack of parts added up. Anyone know if there is a significant difference (minus the $250 increase on the Ambush) in the two other than what I listed already?

Use will be a medium game capable rifle. I already have a lower to put it on, so looking for upper only. Worth waiting on the M4V7 and save some money or does the Ambush have an advantage that's not listed? I know it's quality if it's made by DD or a subsidiary, just wondering if the price increase is worth it. Not many reviews on Ambush and I searched for them already on the net and here.
    Last edited by Grand58742; 10-18-12 at 17:32.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ambush comes with a Geissele SSA trigger.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Just looking for the upper only. I have a BCM lower it'll go on with a ALG trigger.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Review of sorts... http://68forums.com/forums/showthrea...-as-advertised

The same guy has a few different threads where he talks about the rifle. Once the buying madness cools down I might pick one up to add to the collection.

BTW: I would buy the V7 upper; seems like a better value to me.

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't pay more for the same upper - features...

Feedback Score
    The uppers are the same- the Ambush uppers and guns now (all year) have had forward assists.

Same upper, same barrel, same rail.

The Ambush has no flash hider, just threaded end and thread protector. it also has that "shotgun grip".