Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt 6520 $899

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    W...The Colt 6520s are $899 and just sitting there, no one wants an A2 uppered carbine length gun I guess. . .
    I like the A2 since I don't add optical doohickies. Seems like everyone nowdays want to put lots of doohickies on their rifles.
    Winning hearts and minds in lovely TexMexistan

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terlingueno View Post
    I like the A2 since I don't add optical doohickies. Seems like everyone nowdays want to put lots of doohickies on their rifles.
    Pretty much, these 6520's would make a darling of KISS rifle.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    edit: wrong thread
    Last edited by snackgunner; 04-08-11 at 21:19.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Good price on a great gun. Yet another example of why there's no excuse to buy "good-as".
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    My father is 70 and enjoys the hell out of his 6520 with a TA44-4R Compact ACOG on the carry handle.

The hold over isn't terrible and it does everything he needs, while providing an extremely reliable, very shootable package.

Great lightweight carbine.

Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    CDNN has them for $900 too.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That is Just Up the road from Me

NRA Member

Feedback Score
    Sorry for not doing the research, but do these things have M4 feedramps? These have been popping up frequently for good prices, but I would really want to swap in a BCM M4 upper.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Yes on the M4 feed ramps.

I'd swap out the A2 upper receiver on my father's but for what he's doing, it works.

If it were mine, I'd find a decent flat top and switch it up.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    Good price on a great gun. Yet another example of why there's no excuse to buy "good-as".
    Skin; I started this thread to inform those interested; so I feel I have the right to "Slightly" take this off track to respond to your post.

$899 is a fantastic price for this colt. That's why I posted it. However, that "Can" still be about $300 MORE than some guns that are "Good-as". Remember; "Good-As" refers to the reason and purpose of the gun. If I was still in the military, I would demand the best mil-spec gun I could get. I KNOW 1st hand the abuse I put on a weapon. Working in CATM, I know the abuse others put on weapons. But I also know that I won't even come close to that level of stress, abuse, pressure, etc... in my civilian life. Anyway; my M&P15 was on a major sale for $649. That's enough of a difference "FOR ME" to buy the M&P15 over the $899 colt on sale. No brainer at all if the Colt is at the $950-$1050 price. But if my M&P15 wasn't on sale, and was at it's normal price of $949, I'd definitely be looking at other choices.

Anyway; I took my prerogative to go off track. Now; back to our regularly scheduled program..........................................................
    Mike....
    "Born Wild; Raised Proud"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast