Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt 6520 $899

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    Yes on the M4 feed ramps.

I'd swap out the A2 upper receiver on my father's but for what he's doing, it works.

If it were mine, I'd find a decent flat top and switch it up.
    Thanks. I would most likely leave it as a loner/KISS/fun gun for the foreseable future, but would like to have the option.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by christcorp View Post
    Skin; I started this thread to inform those interested; so I feel I have the right to "Slightly" take this off track to respond to your post.

$899 is a fantastic price for this colt. That's why I posted it. However, that "Can" still be about $300 MORE than some guns that are "Good-as". Remember; "Good-As" refers to the reason and purpose of the gun. If I was still in the military, I would demand the best mil-spec gun I could get. I KNOW 1st hand the abuse I put on a weapon. Working in CATM, I know the abuse others put on weapons. But I also know that I won't even come close to that level of stress, abuse, pressure, etc... in my civilian life. Anyway; my M&P15 was on a major sale for $649. That's enough of a difference "FOR ME" to buy the M&P15 over the $899 colt on sale. No brainer at all if the Colt is at the $950-$1050 price. But if my M&P15 wasn't on sale, and was at it's normal price of $949, I'd definitely be looking at other choices.

Anyway; I took my prerogative to go off track. Now; back to our regularly scheduled program..........................................................
    Mike....
    What M&P model did you get for $649?

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Hmmmmm....

Swap the upper receiver with one of the used M4 uppers from BCM for $80.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Upper...-m4%20demo.htm

Add a repainted R-1 from Midway USA for $300, DD mount for $60.

Add a Bushmaster .040" taller front sight post, per Robb Jensen's suggestion:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=41843

Or perhaps the Colt, now that they are selling parts online?

Throw in a Battle Comp, and my daughter would have a very, very nice carbine.

It's a pity for her that her grades have not been good enough lately. Dad will just have to hang onto it.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    It's hard to believe that you were a CATM. Having read your other posts where you argued with Grant and posts over on the firingline I don't even understand why you post here at all.

You continuously use "as good as" when talking about guns that are not even in the same neighborhood. You refuse to understand that S&W is a decent gun (when compared to similar ones) but it still has shortcomings.

The old argument of it's all I can spend is ridiculous. I am thoroughly convinced that no amount of expaning will get you to see reason.

If you are not in the military you should still be demanding the best.

Quote Originally Posted by christcorp View Post
    Skin; I started this thread to inform those interested; so I feel I have the right to "Slightly" take this off track to respond to your post.

$899 is a fantastic price for this colt. That's why I posted it. However, that "Can" still be about $300 MORE than some guns that are "Good-as". Remember; "Good-As" refers to the reason and purpose of the gun. If I was still in the military, I would demand the best mil-spec gun I could get. I KNOW 1st hand the abuse I put on a weapon. Working in CATM, I know the abuse others put on weapons. But I also know that I won't even come close to that level of stress, abuse, pressure, etc... in my civilian life. Anyway; my M&P15 was on a major sale for $649. That's enough of a difference "FOR ME" to buy the M&P15 over the $899 colt on sale. No brainer at all if the Colt is at the $950-$1050 price. But if my M&P15 wasn't on sale, and was at it's normal price of $949, I'd definitely be looking at other choices.

Anyway; I took my prerogative to go off track. Now; back to our regularly scheduled program..........................................................
    Mike....

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Unless you're looking for a pencil barrel, why not just buy a 6920? After buying the flat top receiver you'd be pretty close to it. Especially if you didn't have the proper tools or expertise to properly change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    Yes on the M4 feed ramps.

I'd swap out the A2 upper receiver on my father's but for what he's doing, it works.

If it were mine, I'd find a decent flat top and switch it up.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post

If you are not in the military you should still be demanding the best.
    Now that Is a Good Sig Line or a company slogan

NRA Member

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutfsu99 View Post
    Unless you're looking for a pencil barrel, why not just buy a 6920? After buying the flat top receiver you'd be pretty close to it. Especially if you didn't have the proper tools or expertise to properly change it.

Actually the Colt 6720 is a 6520 with a flat top. Clyde Armory sells them.

I already have a 6920, but that pencil barrel sure does make for a very light, handy carbine.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    These guys have some excellent Colt deals if they are in stock. They were out of 6920's for a few weeks in February but I found one for the same price on Gunbroker.
    http://site.cdnninvestments.com/CDNN2011-1/index.html
    Last edited by OldState; 04-08-11 at 23:20.

Feedback Score
    Iraqgunz; that's because you insist on comparing apples to oranges. Simply put: You are concentrating on the WEAPON. I am concentrating on the MISSION. I have NEVER said that my M&P15 or any of the "Other" rifles were of the SAME QUALITY. Nope.... Never said it. I've even admitted many, many times, that the Colt, BCM, and some others were HIGHER QUALITY.

But I've also said many times when referring to some of the weapons in question as being "As Good as" the colt, bcm, etc... In it's intended purpose. If ALL I care about is roughly "What Time it is", and nothing more; then a TIMEX is just "AS GOOD AS" my Citizen or Boliva. If I care about accuracy down to split seconds and such, then the timex ISN'T "As Good As".

And that's where we seem to continue to disagree. You believe that the purpose of your AR at home is EXACTLY THE SAME as your M16/M4 was in the sandbox. It isn't. It never will be. There is no way that my AR is going to go through the abuse that my military weapon ever went through. And a large part of those mil-specs was so that that military weapon could handle an array of environmental, physical, and human abuses. Well; being such abuses aren't going to happen to my AR's, there are certain specs that aren't important to me. They will have absolutely zero impact on the "Mission" of that rifle. That 1:7 twist means absolutely nothing. The M16 BCG instead of an AR15 BCG will mean absolutely nothing. When it comes to it's "Mission", which for me is target shooting, varmints, possible home defense, etc... none of the additional mil-spec features will affect my usage.

So that's where we're at. You believe that the purpose of your civilian AR is the same purpose as your military m4/m16 was. I don't. And for the mission/purpose that I have my M&P15, it performs "As Good As" a Colt, BCM, and others costing $300-$500 more.
    "Born Wild; Raised Proud"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunderway View Post
    What M&P model did you get for $649?
    OK, I went ahead and found out for myself. As I suspected, it is an OR model. This means at least $150-$250 for sights. I have dealt with the OR before, and the small gas block leaves you very limited on sight choices. Luckily Troys fit perfectly, but that does add at least another $200 to your purchase.

Now we have a $850 S&W vs. a $900 Colt.
    Last edited by Dunderway; 04-09-11 at 00:04.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast