Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Colt 6520 $899

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BH321 View Post
    Make sure you have that rail perfectly aligned with the upper, or you're going to have quite a time getting that T1 to properly zero. Honestly however, I would simply get a good rail with solid lockup to the receiver (anti-rotation barrel nut) and simply attach the T1 there. Seems to be what you're going for and doesn't permanently destroy a perfectly beautiful Colt rifle.
    Meh, it's just an upper receiver.

I have access to a nice milling machine that would true up the upper.

I hate railed forearms.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    There are any number of options that wouldn't require a fully-railed forearm. Troy TRX Extreme and VTAC Extreme, Apex Machining, Samson and Rainier Evolution, the new Daniel Defense, etc.

I'm actually surprised we don't see more of this. Every month I see guys with optics mounted on top of the carry handle, when in fact mounting forward of the carry handle in a lower 1/3 mount on a free-float handguard would probably be the better solution.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I love the strength of the carry handle... it's the skinny, non NFA barrel that I'd have no use for.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 120mm View Post
    I have always wanted a 6520. Next time I'm in the states I may find one, chop the carry handle and mount a piece of rail toward the front of the upper. I like the idea of the combo of permanently affixed BUIS and T-1.
    I remember guys doing that in the days before railed uppers. The carry handle was chopped the received leveled and trued, and a rail section was attached to the upper. Quality work did well. Lesser jobs performed as expected.

A friend had his done somewhere in AZ as I recall. Last I knew, it was still going strong.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678