Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Lancer L5 AWM Advanced Warfighter Magazine initial review

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I also bought a L5 AWM for evaluation - got the translucent one from AIM.

I love it except for the fact that it is a booger to insert on a closed bolt as others have noted. Gives Pmags a run for their money - and drops free from every rifle I own - unlike Pmags.
    Back in the land of Waffle House and sweet tea!!!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaltesherz View Post
    They were going to release a clear Pmag when they first came out but they found that it was too fragile. A handful were given out for advanced evaluations but they're uber rare.
    Ok so just curious, how is Lancer doing it? Same brittle material?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sdcromer View Post
    I also bought a L5 AWM for evaluation - got the translucent one from AIM.

I love it except for the fact that it is a booger to insert on a closed bolt as others have noted. Gives Pmags a run for their money - and drops free from every rifle I own - unlike Pmags.
    The magazine was designed to hold 30 rounds max to comply with the US military standard, in some rifles it may be difficult to seat the magaizne with 30 rounds, but they should seat similar to a fully loaded USGI magazine.

If you want to modify your own magazines to hold 31 rounds, simply remove .188" from the follower stop (large part that sticks up) on the floor plate lock. The part is plastic and can easily be sanded, filed or cut.
    Home of the L5 Translucent Magazine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kmc0929 View Post
    Ok so just curious, how is Lancer doing it? Same brittle material?
    Different body material and hardened steel feed lips. I don't know what material they used but our magazines are not brittle. In fact the magazines pass drop test at -50F and 180F.
    Home of the L5 Translucent Magazine

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    If I ever decide to replace my pmags, these are the mags that I will try. I have been eyeing these (especially the 20 rounders) for some time now.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I like them. I'm trying one at work and haven't had any problems. Our biggest issue is Lancers are about $3 more than Pmags on GSA advantage so that my be an issue if I try to order any. David

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    So is it safe to assume that production will start to move from the older Lancers to the newer styles? I assume the metal reinforcements in the feedlips will allow both the older style and newer magazines remain loaded for extended periods of time?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    If I ever decide to replace my pmags, these are the mags that I will try. I have been eyeing these (especially the 20 rounders) for some time now.
    That's exactly what I did. I started with 6 of the 20 rnd L5s about 6 months ago and more recently added a few 20 rnd L5 AWMs. They have all been 100% on function; with the AWMs being easier to load with a closed bolt.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Will these fit in kydex Mag holster molded to Pmags?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They fit my bladetech pouch (made for Pmags but holds GI and Lancer just fine).

Rick

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast