Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Lancer L5 AWM Advanced Warfighter Magazine initial review

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LancerSystems View Post
    Have you tried the L5AWM's and had an issue?
    I was wondering the same thing as I was reading through the post. I do not disagree with the THEORY, but without some actual hands-on experience, and failures tracked to the theory, it's really nothing more than that.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post

3. However, I will not adopt until the follower has long legs on BOTH ends. The only trouble I have found with mags on my DD and son's Smith are short legs. We even had an issue a short while ago, which we erroneously attributed to my DD, then steel cases, etc. Turned out that the short rear legs on magpul 20 rounders occasionally created problems. MP 30s seem to be flawlwess, and the MP followers fit and glide so nicely. Upon examination, the 20s have short rear legs. This in our experience can lead to dipping of the follower in the rear and the round presents itself too high. May not be an issue for most, but is in our experience. I want to only use followers with 2 long legs.
    Get one and play with it. I think you will see that your concern is NOT an issue. I have had the same issue Re: Magpul 20s and that issue is not present in the Lancers.

I really feel Lancer Systems has made a solid jump forward in magazine design here. Sure there are some growing pains as evident in this thread. They have also been extremely diligent about addressing those issues extremely quickly.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LancerSystems View Post
    Have you tried the L5AWM's and had an issue?
    No. And anyone who reads this thread should clearly understand that, and if one thinks me to be thick headed because of my bias, then I don't even blame then. I am
    Self admittedly a thick head.

Again; I applaud all other features of the Lancer - and I do mean all. And,it is a great indicator of the CS of the company for you to be on line and dealing with all in a generous manner.

I am predjudiced against any followers which are not long legged on both ends. But, I may try your mags nonetheless. Again, they are well thought out in many ways and is a credit to the free market that we have folks like you doing these things!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You guys are tempting me. I may just take the challenge if I can get my hands on 1 or 2. Thanks.

Then maybe I'll change my username to "thickhead"...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456