Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: So You Want To Buy A HK91/G3 Rifle...

Feedback Score
    Are any of the non welded on rail mounts worth using?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake'sDad View Post
    Are any of the non welded on rail mounts worth using?
    The Swiss Bruger & Thomet, available from DSA, are excellent.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    Before I click on one for 179 bucks+, am I silly for thinking it might be fun to scope my old 91 after 30 years?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

hmm

Here's mines on the BT rail and ARMS setup for the Hensoldt Fero scope.

It works well but not the lowest I can get it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

hmm

heavens no....the only thing that people are buggered about the rail setups and QD setups is that it will GUARANTEE to scratch up the finish on the 91. GUARANTEED unless you maybe put tape on it before installing it.

I'm exploring going the rail welded to the receiver route like the Swedish versions.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake'sDad View Post
    Before I click on one for 179 bucks+, am I silly for thinking it might be fun to scope my old 91 after 30 years?

I don't think it's silly.

I know my eyes aren't the same as they were 20 years ago.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    I don't think it's silly.

I know my eyes aren't the same as they were 20 years ago.
    Mine either, that's for sure.

But I have other more accurate rifles, just thought I'd like to see what the 91 will do with a 2-7X or something on it.

Feedback Score
    I had an HK41 many years ago. I think I sold it for $950, which was good money back then (my HK-94 was $500). It was a great rifle, it was a strange bluish color and had polygonal rifling. I didn't know most HK-91-types didn't have polygonal rifling. This was right before the bans.

I was looking at the various HK-91-type rifles lately because I wanted one again. While getting a -41 would e cool and all, I was looking more at something that wasn't so valuable and a shooter. Through the years, I kinda have hesitated on the Century guns and the PTR.

I had a .308 Saiga that I was going to convert, and it was on the back burner, when I came across a guy who wanted one. He had one of the Century Import guns, that he wanted to trade. Fine with me, since I wasn't doing anything with the Saiga anyway.

The Century "Import" gun, which appears to be a Port. kit on a Port. receiver, isn't bad. I agree that it's about the quality of the kit used. It might be better to buy one of these in person, rather than over the net.

The build quality isn't on the level of a factory gun, but it's not as poor as most of the clone builds. Since I wasn't into the Saiga for much, it all worked out for me.

I think the Contract guns are the best overall value though.

Feedback Score

hk

great pics and info!!!i true enjoy my hk 91!!

Feedback Score
    Bringing back this topic to life...

Questions:

What is the last year HK made a G3 (german manufacture)?

In what year the german G3 changed to the plastic, one piece grip/fire control group?

I've seen several types of plastic grips/FCG, in black, green or tan, different markings (S-E-F, 0-1-20, 0-1-3, etc.)ribbed with finger grooves or smooth all arouns (navy style). Which is the one the german army adopted? Is there a "definite" type (latest, or longest running production) or were they all made at the same time and for a long while?

Was the heavy buffer ever used in a military contract HK G3, straight from the factory?

Thanks in advance

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast