Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: So You Want To Buy A HK91/G3 Rifle...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sorry haven't been an arfcom member for awhile now.
    Can't blame you for that....I quit that place like a bad habit because of all the garbage that goes on over there. I think I had an account for all of 6 months.

Great information on the G3 and thanks for posting. I just bought one and have learned a lot from you in this thread.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Been a couple months, but since I'm eying an AG-3F2 clone again….

If I were to buy a Norwegian contract bolt carrier, how difficult would it be to put into a PTR-91?

I mean, I know it's stupid simple to pop a bolt out of an AR-15 BCG and throw it into another BCG, ditto the AK and the FAL. But are HK91s the same way?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    You can swap bolts but you need to check bolt gap. Even if its not within spec, it can be adjusted with different size rollers and locking piece.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    If I keep the same bolt but swap the carriers, do I need to check the bolt gap?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    I don't think so because the gap is determined by the pieces in the bolt head, but I would. All it takes is a feeler gage and a few minutes tops. Plus you'll have a baseline spec to compare to later if the gap changes.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Good enough. Thanks!

Next question: How does one attach and run a light with a "factory" HK91/PTR-91/G3?
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    I've seen guys drill and bolt or rivet small sections of picatinny rail to the bottom or sides of the wide hand guards. You can also get railed hand guards in the aftermarket. But you can't have my KAC RAS!

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Well, the process of cloning an AG-3F2 will involve fitment of a B&T hand guard… but until that comes in, I'd like to have someway of attaching a light to the gun!
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    A $10 section of magpul rail outta do the trick.

Feedback Score
    I used a wooden hand guard and a section of Magpul rail. It works.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast