Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Car 15

Feedback Score

Car 15

I want a CAR 15 , besides the legal paper work what parts would i go with? from the pictures it looks like an A2 upper , maybe a 10 in barrel with a long flash suppressor and your standard m4 stock. But the hand-guards Wikipedia shows are funky. They look like m16 hand-guards but much smaller in diameter. I was just curious because im trying to plan out my builds, and since theres a gun show this weekend id like to pick up some parts. oh and it looks like theres no forward assist.

Feedback Score
    I'm no vintage/historical AR-15/M4/M16 buff, but I will help with two things I do know. That is an A1 upper (look at the carry handle and rear sight) with A2 handguards, and the stock would be a CAR stock, not an M4 stock.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whootsinator View Post
    I'm no vintage/historical AR-15/M4/M16 buff, but I will help with two things I do know. That is an A1 upper (look at the carry handle and rear sight) with A2 handguards, and the stock would be a CAR stock, not an M4 stock.
    Thanks for the info, I couldn't see the stock so well so i took a shot in the dark.

Feedback Score
    one question about the hand-guards though : theres no way they could be normal length,where the heck would i find a set?

Feedback Score
    Nodak-Spud is a great place to find vintage type parts. You can call or email them and they will be happy to help.

http://www.nodakspud.com/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by philipeggo View Post
    one question about the hand-guards though : theres no way they could be normal length,where the heck would i find a set?
    The handguards in the above picture look like standard carbine length CAR handguards to me.

The buttstock appears to be an aluminum unit.
    “Anything worth shooting is worth shooting 30 times” -Kyle Lamb

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I think the upper is an M16 upper, not an M16A1 the A1 had a forward assist. IIRC the stock is an aluminum two position and the castile nut was put on with a spanner wrench.
    Certified Glock Armorer

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I think the upper is an M16 upper, not an M16A1 the A1 had a forward assist. IIRC the stock is an aluminum two position and the castile nut was put on with a spanner wrench.
    You're very right! I just saw the rear sight and thought 'A1'.

And this is why I shouldn't be giving vintage AR advice... Philipeggo, listen to these people.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whootsinator View Post
    You're very right! I just saw the rear sight and thought 'A1'.

And this is why I shouldn't be giving vintage AR advice... Philipeggo, listen to these people.

lol thanks for all the input, now to go shopping . I may substitute the m16 upper with the A1 upper but i did find that brownells had genuine colt m16 uppers for sale :-D. why didnt we pick a cheaper hobby?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by philipeggo View Post
    lol thanks for all the input, now to go shopping . I may substitute the m16 upper with the A1 upper but i did find that brownells had genuine colt m16 uppers for sale :-D. why didnt we pick a cheaper hobby?
    Don't be fooled, there's no such thing as a cheap hobby if you really turn it into a hobby.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast