Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Initial Impression: IWC's SMC Surefire Scout mount for ALL Magpul MOE handguards

Feedback Score
    Wow, that looks great. I've been looking into lights and mounts only MOE hand guard. This looks really nice. I'll have to get one. Good review too.

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bleaman225 View Post
    Emailed back and forth with Earl this evening and he said that the TMC mounts will be going onto the website next week. I emailed him to find out if that's both the Scout and the 1" flashlights but that was only a minute ago. I'll let you know what I find out.

EDIT: Both the Scout and 1" flashlight versions should be available for sale next week on IWC's website.
    Thanks for your hard work and great review! Im looking forward to the 1" O.D. mount.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Addition

I would also like to add my opinion regarding the new mounts for MOE handguards, (IWC SMC). Earl sent me the Scout light mount and it has worked perfectly with a Scout 600c configuration. Fit and finish are superb. Mounting is rock solid and as usual IWC makes installation "Marine Proof". The only way I could see it being simpler is if the instructions were written in Crayon! Anyways my hat is off to IWC, innovative quality hardware for the end user today!
    Last edited by jklaughrey; 04-16-11 at 08:11.
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score

Gun show, with no luck.

So after seeing this, I went to the gunshow and no booths had one. Actually, most of the guys running the booth looked at me like I was speaking a different language. Oh well though. Picked up some parts for my new build and ended up getting a quad rail set up so no more Moe FG.
    Regardless the mount looks great and I would rock it no question.

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)

I was rearranging some items on the carbine and figured since the opportunity presented itself...

.036 kilograms = 1.26986263 ounces

Things have been going very well with the mount and light. Screws have stayed tight and I haven't found any issues as far as discomfort or inconvenience with my setup.
    Last edited by bleaman225; 02-10-12 at 21:20. Reason: fixed my broken link

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    According to USPS my 1" OD SMC should be in today. I'm crossing my fingers. Thanks for the weight of the mount. With my light and mount w/batteries it should be about 6.5oz. Not the lightest thing in the world but its close. The surefire m300A with the OEM mount is 4.5oz w/ batteries so not too bad for being "the bee's knees".
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 05-09-11 at 12:45.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
    So after seeing this, I went to the gunshow and no booths had one. Actually, most of the guys running the booth looked at me like I was speaking a different language. Oh well though. Picked up some parts for my new build and ended up getting a quad rail set up so no more Moe FG.
    Regardless the mount looks great and I would rock it no question.
    Yea, if its not made by UTG. Magpul you're not going to find anything "non-mainstream" at the gunshow, just like most gun shops...they look at ya' like you're a tard when BCM is even mentioned. Gunshows are olny good to walk around and waste time

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Deleted-Off topic
    Last edited by SteveL; 05-20-11 at 11:15. Reason: Off Topic
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jklaughrey View Post
    I would also like to add my opinion regarding the new mounts for MOE handguards, (IWC SMC). Earl sent me the Scout light mount and it has worked perfectly with a Scout 600c configuration. Fit and finish are superb. Mounting is rock solid and as usual IWC makes installation "Marine Proof". The only way I could see it being simpler is if the instructions were written in Crayon! Anyways my hat is off to IWC, innovative quality hardware for the end user today!
    Doc,

You mean "Corps-Man" proof!
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Doc,

You mean "Corps-Man" proof!
    Brother, thats twice in a week you've bumped a necro-thread.

At least this one isn't 5 years old.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast