Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Initial Impression: IWC's SMC Surefire Scout mount for ALL Magpul MOE handguards

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I ordered a 1" Mount yesterday together with a G2X light. The current version of the mount is ambidextrous and works with any size MOE Hand guard...just fyi.
    I can't wait to check it out!

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Brother, thats twice in a week you've bumped a necro-thread.

At least this one isn't 5 years old.
    Got my Bumpa Sticka from IG last week for the 5 year epic Necro Post.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

LOL NO

Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Doc,

You mean "Corps-Man" proof!
    Nope, meant Marine Proof brother. Us "Docs" can actually read, spell words, and even use tools.
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score
    Would be interesting to see a side-by-side comparison to Magpul's own mount.

The MOE Scout Mount

(Clickable image to/from Magpul's page)

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullworks View Post
    Would be interesting to see a side-by-side comparison to Magpul's own mount.

The MOE Scout Mount

(Clickable image to/from Magpul's page)
    Are they shipping yet? I tried to order a pair recently and they were still a pre order. I am sure it will be well made and designed. One difference right off is the IWC mount will work on either side of the handguards. The price difference is a consideration too. My IWC mounts should be here soon. I look forward to trying them out.

And Doc I am qualified with hand tolls and a cordless drill. Anything else I need close supervision!
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Well my light mounts arrived today. I took a few photos of a G2LED in the IWC mount and a SF Scout on a MagPul Rail. The IWC keeps the light closer to the gun keeping the footprint thinner. I plan to order one for my Scout Light too. I am once again impressed with Earl and the crew at IWC.

A pair of BCM 11.5" barreled uppers.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 12-29-11 at 18:36.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I sent a pair of hand guards off to Earl and his crew at IWC so they could put their QD mount in my MOE hand guards, If you plan to do it in the future all you need to send is the top half of your hand guards. I also added my second light mount. I have to find my torx head bits (to remove my scout lights OEM mount) to add the IWC light to my third gun.

The smallest Torx I had at home was a #10. I went to the local hardware store and found a T8 to remove the OEM SF rail mount. I like the smaller profile of the scout set up.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 01-10-12 at 09:55. Reason: added photo of scout mount

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I use one of the IWC Mounts on my 11.5 inch duty gun. I have been well pleased as in put the light in the perfect position for me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123