Thread: BVAC 64gr PSP ammo...

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

BVAC 64gr PSP ammo...

I haven't found much on current reviews of this ammo, and was wondering if anyone can shed some light on the subject...

I am interested in the above loading specifically, but how is BVAC ammo in general? Is it loaded to the correct specs? From what I understand, it is all reloaded ammo...is that right?

I ask because I found a couple reviews that were a few years old about how BVAC ammo had problems with bullet setback, causing overpressure issues and sometimes causing kabooms...is that not an issue these days?

Any info on the above loading?

Thanks guys

Feedback Score
    I don't know about BVAC but I use this bullet in my reloaded ammo with no problems. It's very accurate in my grand daughters Mforgery.

Feedback Score
    who makes the 64gr PSP that BVAC uses?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I use BVAC 75gr Tactical 5.56-17T for HD. It's very accurate and clean shooting. It uses the Hornady T1C bullet. I highly recommend them.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM239-5.html

The 64gr load you speak of uses the Federal Fusion bonded soft point (it's made just like the Speer Gold Dot 62gr by electroplating the jacket to the core). It is 'barrier blind' as DocGKR currently favors. I have spoken to BVAC about it and I would expect it to shoot just as well as the 75gr I currently employ. It's the cheapest bonded-PSP round currently available, by a very wide margin. It would make magnificent feral hog medicine.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM279-1.html

If you are LEO/MIL, BVAC offers further discounts if you order directly from them (that's what I do).
    Last edited by BufordTJustice; 04-15-11 at 16:34. Reason: Clarity

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Do they make some that use reloaded cases and others new cases?

I know they use a pretty good bullet, but I'm just worried about some of the case set-back issues that I read about.

Feedback Score
    Kills feral hogs real dead, I know that
    Ephesians 6:12