Thread: My first build...

Feedback Score

My first build...

Hey everyone,
    I've recently decided to build my AR instead of buying one from any of the manufactures complete. Reason is, nobody sells what I want all on one gun. I've seen similar, but not exactly. So, I'm going to build it myself. I've got a lot instructional resources. And I've narrowed down the parts & companies I'm going to use. And I would love some needed input/guidence on this job by owners & shooter whom have expirience & knowledge to give me. This is going to be my very first AR-15 rifle by the way.

1. Upper - I was going to go with a barreled upper by M&A parts.
    the CAR 16 with 11* muzzle crown flat top or the 16" lightweight flattop.

2. Lower - I was going to get a stripped one from GunSmoke Enterprises.
    Lower parts kits I was goingto go with BravoCo.

3. My buttstock - LMT SOPMOD stock in black from BravoCo.

4. Handrail - Maybe a Danile Defense, Vltor, Knights,etc.
    I don't know about this one for sure. Because I want one but I'm not sure of the length to match though. But I DO want one.

5.Bolt Carrier Group - I'm thinking LMT. Charging Handle - AR15. Both of these are coming from BravoCo.

Well, that's what I plan on buying. But, if I'm going wrong or could use some tips...please help a guy out. I appreciate the read.

Feedback Score
    I would step up to a better quality barrel.
    The barrel and bolt carrier group are the heart of an AR.
    Don't skimp on these.
    Randall Rausch
    AR15 Barrel Guru

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just get a new upper complete from Bravo Company.

You can get out cheaper on things like the carry handle- get one used somewhere.

You can definitely get out cheaper on the stock and still get a nice one- look into magpul or vltor unless you HAVE to have the LMT.

You can put the money you save into the more important parts like the bolt, carrier, barrel etc.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    I agree with the posts above. Barrel and bolt carrier are the things you do not save $$$ on.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I have had no issues with my M&A Parts upper. It would was a great starter upper to start my building bug. I like CMT bolt carrier groups.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz View Post
    Just get a new upper complete from Bravo Company.

You can get out cheaper on things like the carry handle- get one used somewhere.

You can definitely get out cheaper on the stock and still get a nice one- look into magpul or vltor unless you HAVE to have the LMT.

You can put the money you save into the more important parts like the bolt, carrier, barrel etc.
    Well, the barrel upper that I wanted from Bravoco is out of stock right now. I would wait but, I wanted to start buying parts around the end of this week.
    Yeah, I've been looking/wanting that LMT stock for a while now.

So as far ay my bolt carrier group, what would you recommend?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by polyguy View Post

So as far ay my bolt carrier group, what would you recommend?
    I would order an FN contracted BCG from Grant, that's what I plan to have in the one I'm building right now.
    <------Be not affraid!

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    Get a good quality barrel.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

Feedback Score
    If I've learned anything on this here site, it's GET QUALITY SHIT, eat a little more now for a much better pay off in the long run. The reason I say this is probably for the same reason alot of these guy's have, I just have to much non-quality shit just layin around now, (waste of money)